Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st May 2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Question Keeping Fresh Content Published For A Blog?

Hi, I have several blogs across different niches and have regularly posted new uinique content on them over the years.

Now, I would like to have a guest blog taken from "news keyword" or "latest articles keyword" to be the latest postings - from other blogs or authority bloggers and of course including a link to their actual blog.

This would work as a set and forget fresh content related to keyword resource and help with a blog that has laid idle/dormant for a few weeks.

What would you suggest?

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st May 2013, 03:52 AM   #2
robinmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampers View Post
Hi, I have several blogs across different niches and have regularly posted new uinique content on them over the years.

Now, I would like to have a guest blog taken from "news keyword" or "latest articles keyword" to be the latest postings - from other blogs or authority bloggers and of course including a link to their actual blog.

This would work as a set and forget fresh content related to keyword resource and help with a blog that has laid idle/dormant for a few weeks.

What would you suggest?
Hello i didn't get that what you're asking i am confused so i request to you that ask a question in simple way.

robinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Jen 100

If you are suggesting taking content from someone's blog or from news sites to publish on your own blog I would be very careful about the duplicate content. Instead I suggest you write a brief summary or even a 1 or 2 sentence teaser and then link to the real article. This allows you to have unique content on your site but still share the story with your readers. You don't want to be penalized for duplicate content and you also don't want to use someone's content without permission.

Old 17th June 2013, 09:30 AM   #4
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Reposting a blog will not add points to your SERPs. It's a duplicated content, even if it's legally syndicated. I suggest you should find an inspiration to make your write with great passion or ask someone to help write some good stuff.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 03:01 PM   #5
AmyCarter88

You can certainly meet guest bloggers through sites like My Blog Guest and other similar websites that connects blog owners with blog writers. This method is effective but use moderately.

Do not copy content from other websites. I've seen websites SERP drop significantly from doing this even though their external link-building strategies were good. I wouldn't even have citations as much as possible. If there is anything in the world of online marketing that is a clear "DO NOT ENTER" sign, it is putting duplicate content on your website.

AmyCarter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 10:24 AM   #6
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyCarter88 View Post
Do not copy content from other websites. I've seen websites SERP drop significantly from doing this even though their external link-building strategies were good.
So true. Copied content is a bad thing- Both from technical and moral perspectives.

I would also go with guest bloggers. With guest blogging be all the rage these days, I bet you'd have no trouble finding some willing to write for you. In fact, I bet there's some people on this very forum who might be interested.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Babiesbase

Default Duplicates

Pre Feb 2011 republishing content worked wonderfully.
Post Feb 2011 (Google Panda) it doesn't work and can cause a problem for you.

Its all got to be 100% unique now, Google has changed the game and the web for good.

Old 24th June 2013, 12:32 PM   #8
lucytrueman

Totally Agree with you!

Yes publishing fresh content in a blog is the best practice which Google loves.

I also have blogs on my furniture website where I post unique and fresh content regularly, and getting good traffic from my blog.

lucytrueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 05:32 AM   #9
Beth Worthy

As per my suggestion, when it comes to a great and quality content, important aspect which is kept into consideration was writing great content that both web users and search engines will love is the key factor for the success of the website. I would like to mention some of the benefits that a fresh, regular and high quality content like a regular update in the content will encourage the spiders to crawl the site more effectively,the content should be indexed before the competitor's content and fresh content will be indexed faster faster.

Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 10:05 PM   #10
platnumcn

Duplicate content, if not gets you banned, can play a huge role in degrading your site's ranking. Rather than having duplicate content posted on your site, ask for quality bloggers to keep your site updated with useful content.

platnumcn is offline   Reply With Quote