Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th August 2008, 12:23 PM   #41
rpf_81

I posted in forums, submitted in book marking sites.. I concentrate in increasing the backlinks.. This increases my blog ranking.

rpf_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th August 2008, 08:52 AM   #42
RetireAt26

I just started a blog too. I'm trying to figure out how to market it. I think stumbleupon is a good resource too. People just randomly read someones blogs. They offer reviews too. Although, I get a lot that are in a different language....

I can't put my blog in my sig because I already have two links in there. But if you go to blogspot.com and look up cash gifting or retiring early, I should be in there. [retire at 26 . blogspot . com] That is the actual address, but it might get taken down. Not sure why. It sounds like it would be all about cash gifting, and there is some stuff in there about it, but it's mostly my life in general.

Any one else use stumbleupon?

RetireAt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 08:22 AM   #43
T.I.M

Your blog (website) is like a business. When you open up a business in the non-virtual world, you don't sit back and expect customers to come to you. You go out there and market yourself and your services. The same theory can be applied to the virtual world. Whereas marketing yourself in the 'real world' means launching commercials, attending workshops, etc., marketing yourself in the 'virtual world' means posting in forums, submitting articles, emailing other bloggers (and posting/leaving links on their websites) and joining the various networks available to you. It's a slow process.

T.I.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 08:55 AM   #44
SEO Person

Thumbs up

Bookmarking your blogs can really boost the search engine rankings.

I post my blogs on a business marketing site that has beneficial to me because it's affordable and effective. It may take a little time but depending on the usage of keywords, it can be rather quick.

SEO Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 03:22 PM   #45
simonr

Send a message via Skype™ to simonr

mobitforfree - can you check that link? I t appears to take me somewhere I don't think I should be going!

S

Old 2nd September 2008, 06:31 PM   #46
Intelestream

Send a message via Yahoo to Intelestream Send a message via Skype™ to Intelestream

All the ideas listed here a great. I'd also consider writing a press release using the right keywords that attract your base.

Intelestream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 07:55 AM   #47
refernshare

I think time is the key here. For those who experience good traffic, I think it took them sometimes to build the trust to readers and did all the suggested things. I just started my blog too on the site on my signature and doing all the ideas given here and I thing after a while it will pay off.

refernshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 05:33 PM   #48
Crigital Media

You should enter your blog online and then submit it to DIGG. For instance, if you join Bizortal.com, a business networking site, there is an option to blog built in to your profile. The blog area has a submit button to DIGG right on the blog page. It makes it very easy. Google and other search engines look through DIGG for relevent content on a subject and it will pick up your blog in a search. You should try it. I have found that it works well. Also, people searching for content use DIGG. If they use your blog on a website then you usually get a link back and credit for the copy.

Crigital Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 09:30 PM   #49
scoop

Default category relationships

I think finding bloggers in your exact market would be the smartest thing.. forget the general public.. if your a golfer you want golfers.. if your a mechanic let them talk to real mechanics instead of the general chat theme.

scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 01:27 AM   #50
Mr Money Maker

Well, I have a music blog, but it grew because I am a little bit famous as a guitarist. It helps being well known around the world !!

Mr Money Maker is offline   Reply With Quote