Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th April 2013, 01:07 PM   #21
yemima

Default make money with a blog

I understand you are looking to make money with a blog and I would like to mention Empower Network, I am not sure if you've heard of it. its a blogging platform where you can become an affiliate and earn an income. You can blog about whatever topic you like and because its in the top 500 in the world (check alexa) you have a better advantage than starting your own blog from scratch. you can definitely do your research first.

yemima is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th April 2013, 07:46 AM   #22
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemima View Post
I understand you are looking to make money with a blog and I would like to mention Empower Network, I am not sure if you've heard of it. its a blogging platform where you can become an affiliate and earn an income. You can blog about whatever topic you like and because its in the top 500 in the world (check alexa) you have a better advantage than starting your own blog from scratch. you can definitely do your research first.
Thanks for your advice. I might give it a try. How much can one earn using the Empower Network?

I travel a lot and would love to start a travel blog.

Old 26th April 2013, 08:45 AM   #23
Rachel S

Excellent topic. I am totally agree with you. Today Blogging is really a great way to earn money online. Blogging is no doubt a way which can be easily adopted for to earn recession proof income, month after month and year after year. Great source of income actually. Thanks for your nice share.

Rachel !!!

Rachel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 06:36 AM   #24
roneidaselva

Default Blogging To Earn Money

yes you can earn money via blogging. there are number of affiliates programs that you can put into your blog and start promoting.

roneidaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 01:33 PM   #25
Rachel S

Hello, Do you want to make money blogging? If you do – you’re not alone. More and more bloggers are finding that blogging is a profitable medium. Whether it be to earn a few extra dollars a week to feed their coffee habit, or making enough money to stop them having to get a part time job to get through college, or whether they’ve got it to a point where they are able to make a full time living from their blogging – there are tens of thousands of bloggers who make money blogging.

Have a nice day !!!

Rachel !!!

Rachel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 04:35 PM   #26
Diane Seltzer

Default Multi-Revenue Stream Plan

I would suggest a multi-revenue stream plan around your topic of interest... it will also help jump-start things for you.

1. Start a personal blog with a custom domain name. It will take time to establish traffic and revenue... maybe even a few years. The upfront cost is so minimal - you can get hosting for less than $5/month and register a domain for about $10/year so its low risk to start one. (I have a how-to here: [COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.sbmarketingtools.com/how-to-set-up-a-simple-wordpress-website-or-blog-with-custom-domain/[/COLOR] )

2. Write for other travel sites. I have a writer friend who runs a travel site called Bucket Tripper - they share revenue generated on the site based on # of articles you write... and you can also link back to your new blog to help build your blog traffic.
http://www.buckettripper.com/write-for-us/ (I am not at all affiliated with her - just know about this site)

3. Start an ebook and/or print book series on the topic(s). This can be a great additional revenue generator... it will help establish your name on the topic, you can plug the books on your own blog. And as for content, you can make your books compilations of your own blog articles. Check your book competition on Amazon and find a good niches for the topics. I just went through the self-publishing process and it is pretty easy. I am finding that having an ebook AND print version is a good idea b/c people have different preferences. If you sign up for CreateSpace you can easily create a book in print to sell on Amazon. (my aff link to sign up: http://www.sbmarketingtools.com/CreateSpace )

Really believe that a multi approach is best to get started... it will help you reach your revenue goals faster. Plus it gives you an opportunity to test different outlets and see what works best for your niche.

Good Luck!!
(btw - my brother-in-law lives in Thailand - hope to visit *some day*)

Old 26th May 2013, 04:01 AM   #27
roneidaselva

Hmmm bloging can earn you money but you can earn them only when you eatablish your career in it not as a part time. because not all that site that promise to pay that huge money but they don't give it.

roneidaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 01:41 AM   #28
AvniShergill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Correct. You have to consider how people are going to find the blog. If by search engines, then it is something that they have to be looking for plus it is easier if there are relatively few providing the same. You need to do keyword research. Take your country, and look at the keywords that people search for using google's keyword tool. Can you provide content on those topics? Then consider how many others are providing the same content. You can do that by taking the keyword and putting it within "quotes". You should focus on those keywords that have the least number of results. You should also look at what the average pay per click rate is for that keyword, to find out how valuable those visitors are to advertisers.
You are right, by writing on the topics which have limited source of information can help to earn more by writing blogs on them.

AvniShergill is offline   Reply With Quote