Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th September 2007, 03:00 AM   #1
Mosqwik

Default Organic Seo Or Ppc

Hi,

Whether organic seo or ppc will bring more potential customers?

Regards

Mosqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th September 2007, 08:54 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

I think it is difficult to give a blanket answer to all scenarios, as individual situations will differ. For example competition can play a big role in the results.

But in general, I believe seo will bring more potential customers. Considering time, effort, expenses, etc as costs ... I think it is appropriate to compare the two along the lines of ppc being a variable cost and seo being a fixed cost. The fixed cost of an seo approach in the long run will provide more benefits, while with ppc once you spend that 25 cents (or what ever bid) to get someone to click on your ad ... you don't have any remaining value for that money spent.

That said, I think the best approach is to use both. PPC has advantages such as you can get ads up and running quickly. As you work on improving your seo and achieve rankings for those same keywords the ppc ads can then easily be removed ... although sometimes based on my experience the roi justifies keeping ppc ads in place and having both seo/organic listings and paid listings in place for the same keywords.

Old 30th September 2007, 10:15 AM   #3
mktgbiz

Personally, I try and avoid PPC. Over the past 3 or 4 years I've used it on occassion, however the natural, oragnic, seo works best .......IMHO.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 10:42 AM   #4
David Wallace

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Most studies reveal that about 70 - 80% of searchers click on organic search results while 20- 30% click on PPC. Therefore in most scenarios, if you can establish good positioning within the organic search results, you have more potential to attract larger numbers of visitors.

Old 6th November 2007, 01:07 AM   #5
RobAde

I personally prefer SEO rather than PPC as my costs have been significantly reduced dramatically.

Planning of your SEO campaign is important but should you do the homework you will be rewarded.

RobAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 09:39 AM   #6
theawristocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to theawristocrat

Both are targeted and if you dont have time to seo your site and you have money, PPC is the best option.

theawristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 01:30 AM   #7
sirronstuff

I had very little results on SEO, but have had tremendous results on organic once I was properly optimized. The effort was worth it. If I were to do ppc again, I would bid much MUCH lower than I was. I am considering adsense as well, but nothing will probably beat organic.

sirronstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 12:26 PM   #8
D R

My experience with PPC was not good. I got clicks, but never any clients out of it. Stick with a good SEO campaign and you'll do well.

Good Luck -- dawn

D R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 10:49 AM   #9
Logan
Administrator

I think that is the experiences of most Dawn. For starters, many just setup an adwords account and let it run. Since by default ... settings like content ads, broad matching, etc are on ... often they don't convert for some very clear reasons.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has done well with only ppc. Sure some are making money, but it is crowded and only becomes more expensive for less return. PPC success is not that common based on my experiences ... but that is 98% of the search engines earnings .... hmm

Old 12th November 2007, 12:35 PM   #10
Wilks_eye
VIP Contributor

Organic SEO is still the best option because it attracts people who are really looking for you. Therefore, there is a higher chance of getting business .In any case, if you can do both, the it will help you immensely.

Wilks_eye is offline   Reply With Quote