Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th August 2007, 09:24 AM   #1
businessblue

Arrow How To Submit Speed Url To Search Engine?

I talk to my friend and she say to me "i don't have time for submit all my client url i need to find the solution i can't work like that.
Yes we need more time,but we know... for a good submition we must do manually
and read very well what we do. rigth?

I have some ideas about that submitspeed i like share, if some one will help me is welcome to visit me and partecipate to this small business.

Cheers

businessblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:22 AM   #2
copywriter

Are you talking about submitting website URLs to search engines? You don't have to do that. The spiders and bots will find your site automatically as they make their way through all the links on the web.

The only time I can think that you might possibly want to submit the home page of a site is if it is brand new. Still you don't have to submit all the pages of the site... just the home page. And just submit to the more prominent engines like Google and Yahoo.

Those "we'll submit all your site pages to 10,000 search engines" programs are a complete waste of money.

Old 10th August 2007, 02:23 PM   #3
Cardfellow

Major directories such as dmoz are the only things worth submitting to now-a-days. Of course, with the increasing shortage of qualified editors even the worthiness of that is questionable. Personally, I think that too is a waste of time.

Submitting to search engines is a deprecated practice. As a siteís age carries more weight in search algos itís no longer a question getting the spiders in Ė itís a question of marinating the site with solid inbound anchors.

Cardfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 07:32 PM   #4
logicburst

I'd include an XML sitemap. Your site will get spidered quickly and will notify the engines when content updates have been made. Do a search on Google for "xml sitemaps" and that should get you headed in the right direction.

logicburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 06:12 AM   #5
pakistanboy
Banned

hi,
you may put your URLs on these websites which are following here.

Thank you,
Regards,
Pakistan Boy,

pakistanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 11:37 PM   #6
RayGoneFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakistanboy View Post
you may put your URLs on these websites which are following here.
What's The Best Link Directory supposed to be? The resurrection of a 1998 FFA site? What a waste of time.

RayGoneFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 02:35 PM   #7
Fred333

DMOZ is a good directory to use. Beyond that I would go down the list of search engines and make sure you are listed with them. If not manually submit them so they spider you.

Fred333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 05:17 PM   #8
dndbrett

I recently updated a title on a website and google is still showing the old title. I submited my URL to google yahoo and msn but they are all showing the old title. It there a fast way to get the title of the site to be changed or does it just take a long time.

dndbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 06:14 PM   #9
RayGoneFishing

How recently? The search engines should pick up your changes next time they crawl your site. Shortly afterwards they will update their index. Depending on how important they deem your site, that may take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks. Submitting the URL is fairly useless nowadays.

RayGoneFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 06:36 PM   #10
dndbrett

It was about two days ago. But thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

dndbrett is offline   Reply With Quote