Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Newsletters and Email Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th October 2012, 02:46 PM   #21
JIMD

No one ever opts in to have their name sold over and over again. You can't buy permission.

On the other hand, having your friend email your value offer or a promo piece about signing up to your list to her subscibers is perfectly fine and can work really well. That's what a legitmate list rental agent basically does, they send your offer to their list, but you never actually get the list of email addresses.

Regards,
jim

JIMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 28th November 2012, 05:00 PM   #22
Emily_86

Buying a cold list is never a good idea. You don't know what you're going to get and it could all be fake email addresses. There is, however, the option of going through a list management service and doing a targeted email out. That kind of service doesn't involve "selling" a list, and it's intended to drive traffic to your site and get you some sales. It's not adding a bunch of people to your newsletter who don't want to be there.

If you're interested in something less sketchy than buying random email addresses, PM me, I have some experience in that area!!

Emily_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 01:36 AM   #23
raveinfosys

Send a message via Skype™ to raveinfosys

It can provide great results if planned properly. It is better to purchase a targeted list of audience for getting better output.

raveinfosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 01:08 AM   #24
susansmith001

I suggest you develop and email list as your own make an site aabout the affers you want to promote the make a squeeze page and drive trrafic to it in that way you will be able to generate a permission based email list that will help you alot.

susansmith001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 10:44 PM   #25
Rachel S

Hi Lily,

You need people to email, and you need them quickly. Oh, and if you could make them pretty cheap, that'd be great, too.

Why You Shouldn't Buy Email Lists

• Reputable email marketing vendors don't let you use purchased lists.
• There's no such thing as a good email list that's for sale.
• People on a purchased or rented list don't actually know you.
• Your email deliverability and IP reputation will be harmed.

Hope you are clear about that

Have a nice day

Rachel !!!

Rachel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 10:04 AM   #26
chinlee

If you were to ask me, my immediate answer would be a resounding "no" because I don't believe in the effectiveness of such strategies. I'd prefer to work my way up there through manual labor because it works that well for me as I have tried to pay for these services and not getting the desired results.

Old 15th November 2013, 01:09 AM   #27
JayT.

Always better to compile your own mailing list - and you definitely know that they fit and will carry some interest in reading the content of the newsletters you send out.

JayT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 02:13 PM   #28
Taviuss

NEVER buy a marketing list.

I made that mistake once - got THOUSANDS of leads to my list - and the number of sales?

NONE!

When you buy a list, there is no guarantee it is current, and if it is, there is no guarantee they are looking for your product!

Taviuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 01:23 AM   #29
karenfisher252

Most of the emailing lists don't work. We have also tried it but its authenticity can easily be challenged.

karenfisher252 is offline   Reply With Quote