Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th January 2018, 06:13 PM   #1
Darswizzle

Default Can Anyone Recommend An Email Client?

Hi Guys,

I have been having a heck of a time finding a suitable email client for my Company emails.

My hope is to use either a free or open source client that can have multiple pop3 accounts.

Currently all my company emails are using Gmail as my email client, but I do not like that fact that all your folders (well there is no such thing in Gmail) are virtual which makes it very hard for me to organize the incoming email properly.

My first thought was to use an email client by Zoho, but to use their service the most effective way possible, you really need to move your email hosting over to their servers, and this causes a lot of trepidation for me! 1. I don't want my email to be hosted on a server I have no control over. 2. It's really most ideal to leave your email and website hosting with the same hosting company. 3. I am limited to using their client which limits what I can use along with my email such as CRM, Email Marketing, Forms, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have accounts with Sumo, HubSpot, and Vericle Response. That covers my CRM, Forms, and Email Marketing. Now I just need an excellent email client that who knows may actually have plugins etc to work with those services.

Thanks in Advance!

Darswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th January 2018, 08:37 PM   #2
Darswizzle

Wow, I had kind of hoped that after 70 plus views, someone would have shared the emails clients that are being used as I find it hard to believe that no one at all would be using a free of open source mail reader. Perhaps I am the only one who finds it difficult to cover operating expenses, and if that is the case, I REALLY need to find out what business you guys are in! LOL

Any way, I had wanted to come across something that would have direct tie with a CRM application, but after reading many reviews, and going through my choices, I actually decided to return to using an old standby.... So I decided to install and use Microsoft Outlook 2016.

I tried to use Microsoft Mail for Windows 10, and even tried the Web version of Outlook. Sadly they both failed my miserably as they lacked the ability to organize my multiple business email accounts that I have setup. All of which Outlook 2016 does quite well.

Lastly, since I have accounts with Sumo, Mail Chimp, and HubSpot, all of which have 3rd party utilities to interface with Outlook. So that takes care of all my requirements.

I do have to make it clear however, that Outlook 2016 is NOT free nor Open Source. In fact, I did not thing that I would be able to use it for that reason, however, I had contacted Microsoft to find out if there was any way to get Outlook 2016 as a stand alone install, and while I really can not go into much detail, I apparently have some amazing luck on my side, because the Rep asked to do a remote share session with me, and after popping in some commands, and a double take at what I was reading, and I was given a life time license to Outlook 2016!

I don't know what I did to deserve that act of kindness, but I am certainly not going to complain, and I now have a fully functional and working perfectly version of Outlook 2016.

So having said all that, my question has been answered, and I appreciate you all taking the time to at least read my post

Best Regards,

Darswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2018, 11:54 AM   #3
blazerod

eM Client
Mailbird Lite
Hiri
Opera Mail
Mozilla Thunderbird

blazerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2018, 06:31 AM   #4
jerryshaw

Mailbird is one of my fav in this regards, you can have try of it.

jerryshaw is offline   Reply With Quote