Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th September 2011, 11:32 AM   #1
chikeddon

Arrow Internet Marketing

if one has an information to sell and he or she does not have a website how can he go ahead to disspatch the information.

chikeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th September 2011, 04:38 PM   #2
James Tallett

Hi chikeddon,

Very difficult, I would suggest then, that you look at building your business on Facebook. There are many successful businesses now that ONLY use facebook. It does not have to be expensive to build a web site especially if you are prepared to do it yourself.

All the best,

James:

Old 12th September 2011, 01:00 AM   #3
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi chikeddon!

I agree! It's difficult. Your only option would be to get people to e-mail you for that information so you can 'attach' it to a return message. That's very 'messy'.

Is there are reason why you don't have or don't want to have a website? Even if it's a single page.

With the Content Systems out there today, you really don't have to be very technical either.

Please let me know if I can help or use the free information from my site (links below).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 09:22 AM   #4
ChrissyBiz

Send a message via Skype™ to ChrissyBiz

I agree with all the others, an online presence is essential, at minimum for credibility purposes. Remember that people are using online sources more than before to make buying decisions. Without a blog or website, it is difficult to instill confidence in buyers that want to buy from you.

You can look into www.clickbank.com though. They sell and market information products through affiliate marketing.

Best of luck to ya!

Chrissy

Old 13th September 2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Gary Barzel
VIP Contributor

You can start by sending out an e-newsletter on the subject of what you are trying to sell. Another option would be to place classified ads. Be sure to place your ads in places where your potential customer may be searching, so as to get the maximum exposure.

Old 13th September 2011, 04:08 PM   #6
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Gary,
Not trying to be difficult but... you said:
Quote:
You can start by sending out an e-newsletter on the subject of what you are trying to sell.
That needs an opt-in list, unless of course you want to risk the CAN-SPAM act and go with some rented list.

Just wanted to clarify that. Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 10:45 PM   #7
tobuso

If you need help with the payment side of building the website you can give us a call. We can also build the website, shopping cart, and help with SEO.

tobuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 02:06 AM   #8
Johndiv23

You really need a website first before you start spreading the word. But if you want to directly sell your products, ebay could be a great choice.

And i have to agree on making a Facebook Fan Page, its pretty straight forward anyone can make it.

Johndiv23 is offline   Reply With Quote