Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th September 2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Jamal Grayson

Default Guys I Donít Want To Format !! Got Any Solution !!

Hi guys,

Ok in my laptop if i try and play a video, there is no sound. There are sum pop up sometimes appears & freezing on working on word documents sometime i can't open them takes lots of time.. & i am not able to delete temp files and cookies.. so I backed up all of my data..to format but i don't want to format my PC..

Thanks in advance. .

Jamal Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th September 2010, 10:08 PM   #2
robertantwi

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Grayson View Post
Hi guys,

Ok in my laptop if i try and play a video, there is no sound. There are sum pop up sometimes appears & freezing on working on word documents sometime i can't open them takes lots of time.. & i am not able to delete temp files and cookies.. so I backed up all of my data..to format but i don't want to format my PC..

Thanks in advance. .
When did your problem first occur?

What OS are you running?

How much ram and whats the speed of your cpu?

robertantwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 02:06 PM   #3
CodeHouse

Default Guys I Donít Want To Format !! Got Any Solution !!

Hi Jamal...1. use an efficient registry cleaner to clear and arrange the registry of your PC. 2. You could un install newly installed programs before you started having problems with your PC...3. You could format but make sure you make a recovery disk, backup ll important files and drivers...if you are using Win Vista or Win 7, you don't have much problems then, as you can recover any lost files...4. After formatting, you could use a third party program to recover any lost files...

CodeHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 10:10 PM   #4
steveblake

I suggest you lose some unnecessary files that is not needed so that you could have a lot of memory space to process. Use application one at a time so that processing of that application would not affect the speed. Also I would like to advice to to defragmentation once a month so that all files that has been deleted from the previous days would be compress.

steveblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 12:31 AM   #5
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Have you considered virus? AVIRA has a great Anti Virus program. You can download it for free to scan. It would be a worthwhile option to check.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 07:00 PM   #6
James Tallett

Hi Jamal,

Try CCleaner from Piriform, available free online. Brilliant. I use it weekly to clear out all the rubbish that accumulates and it has a registry tool to sort out registry problems. It will even prompt you to save your registry before it makes changes and it saves it for you. If it goes belly up then just go back to your last registry settings. I've been using it for months on my PC and laptop and never had a problem.

Hope this is of use.

Best of luck.

James