Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd June 2010, 07:33 AM   #31
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

I had a sales call this morning for surge protection equipment, he found me on Twitter and called me, a perfect result of how Twitter works, of course this has gained me a new follower also

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:24 AM   #32
mktgbiz

Was it your "tweets" that inspired him to call?

I mean, most "tweets" I see, are like....."I have to got to the dentist today." "I have to comb my hair today (not in my case however)."

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:52 AM   #33
Nutty
VIP Contributor

I do not tweet that crap, sometimes I discuss that with my friends in Spain but as we are joking, I find jokes engage people nicely

I did not ask him what prompted him and I should have done, he called me and said "I noticed you were on Twitter, I am looking for an ISP5, where was your image taken?"

So that was a nice start to the conversation, one thing I knew was where he came from, he was looking for a supplier in Spain and guess he found one of my tweets about surge protection

How is your day so far?

Nutty

Old 4th June 2010, 08:24 AM   #34
PTF

How many people are actually measuring their Return On Investment for Twitter and other social media?

I know there's some mileage in "brand awareness", but if you're talking actually generating sales, how many hours are people spending thinking up stuff to tweet just to get one or two leads?

I'm not saying web 2.0 features don't have a business value - but it seems a lot of people view them as "free advertising" or "free lead generation" - but the actual cost in time and effort often doesn't stack up.

Old 4th June 2010, 08:56 AM   #35
Nutty
VIP Contributor

I would say in total throughout the day I spend no more than 1 hour tweeting, it depends what is happening, some days I am talking to people a lot and engaging in conversation but it is not always about business

As for doing graphs and all that to find out, well I donīt have time for that and IMO would be a waste of time

I enjoy using twitter, have some great friends across the globe who I talk to and many friends locally where we share what is on this weekend and where to buy X, Y,Z

I also find it useful for finding a new web host or people to write articles, blogs and so on

We also help other individuals where programming and integration is concerned, twitter is a good suppport to my business and the networks I have grown since then have been beneficial on many levels, personal and business

Old 4th June 2010, 08:51 PM   #36
mktgbiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTF View Post
How many people are actually measuring their Return On Investment for Twitter and other social media?

I know there's some mileage in "brand awareness", but if you're talking actually generating sales, how many hours are people spending thinking up stuff to tweet just to get one or two leads?

I'm not saying web 2.0 features don't have a business value - but it seems a lot of people view them as "free advertising" or "free lead generation" - but the actual cost in time and effort often doesn't stack up.
great points.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 11:16 AM   #37
BountyHunter87

Yes I tweet but unfortunately a large majority of my followers are spam :-( ... so not really relevant for the moment!

Last edited by BountyHunter87; 8th June 2010 at 08:32 AM.
BountyHunter87 is offline   Reply With Quote