Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th January 2017, 11:16 PM   #1
Rob Schneider

Default Why Does This Happen.

I have added the moz extension on my browser for checking page and domain authority of any website.

I can't understand that when i visit a site i.e "couponorcode.com" the DA=10 and PA=18 but when i visit "www.couponorcode.com" the DA remains the same but the PA changes to 24.

What is the difference and why is it happening??

Rob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th January 2017, 04:45 AM   #2
jannatul18
VIP Contributor

Domain authority is the point for whole domain i mean the actual domain. But page authority is the point which has given to specific pages and it can differ from one another. Some page can have high authority and some may low though the domain is the same.

jannatul18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 04:46 AM   #3
Intuz

That also happens with Google page speed tool.

You will get different results for www and non-www websites
Because those are actually two different URLs. So you are basically creating two different link profiles for the site. Either you should use 301 redirection or canonical tag to the preferred site.

Moz calculates DA based on the whole domain and passes the same DA to all of the sub domains of the site. So the DA remains same for all subdomain.

Intuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 03:51 AM   #4
Rob Schneider

So on which links should the canonical link should be placed, the one www or one without it ?

Rob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 01:50 AM   #5
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schneider View Post
So on which links should the canonical link should be placed, the one www or one without it ?
The www is highly recommended because of its worldwide use and better user experience.

Old 31st January 2017, 11:32 PM   #6
Celin_G
VIP Contributor

I haven't really paid attention to DA and PA until now. People are serious about it. I was just straight up on content and improving design and user experience.