Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th April 2016, 02:35 AM   #1
kingsleytailors

Send a message via Skype™ to kingsleytailors

Exclamation Install Two Windows In One PC ?

How i can install Two Windows in one PC, i have watched some video at youtube some users installed two windows at their system in same hard disk

kingsleytailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th April 2016, 02:05 AM   #2
James Tacker

This is a great question; it was originally asked a few months before I signed up, so I couldn’t provide an answer when it was first put out on the boards, but I’m glad I can give an answer to it now.

When we do programming (we do a great deal of it for the web) we need to have several different windows installations on several of our machines (so multiple windows installs, but on many different computers). On top of that, many of our workstations had multiple installations of operating systems on them already even before they were turned into workstations. For example, one of the computers I was using this morning has both windows 7 and 8 on it, and now also has windows 10 installed on it as well because we need to test a lot of the JQuery code we write on the “edge” browser (which is only in windows 10). So on that machine there is a total of three.

Here’s how we do it; what you have to do is create several different partitions on a single drive. So, on the machine I was referring to above, there are a total of seven partitions. Three of them are about 100 GB and one has windows 7 on it, one has 8, and one 10. That’s exactly the size you need by the way for such an installation in terms of gigabytes. And also that’s basically how you put multiple versions of windows on one machine. You have to create several partitions, insert the install media for the specific operating system, boot to it, and install the version of windows you want on the empty drive. The boot loader on your main windows installation should be able to handle on startup allowing you to select the operating system you want when your computer boots. And any version of windows will do that automatically for you in the first place, so you don’t have to worry. Three of the other partitions handle program files for each of the respective operating systems, and they have a size of about 20 gigabytes each. The last partition is what we call a “stuff” drive and it’s about 2 TBs and it’s simply where everything is kept.

Hope that answers your question.

James Tacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 12:52 AM   #3
ferrick

Default Yes you can

Just install windows in two different partitions.

ferrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 06:59 AM   #4
harryvent

Install two windows in one pc, first install one window next install another windows as application.

harryvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 09:04 AM   #5
aquisto
Banned

I would like to inform you that when you want to purchase Windows 8, you have two options. Option 1 is recommended.

Purchase a Windows 8 upgrade pack by purchasing it online. This will upgrade your Windows 7 to 8 keeping some of your preferences the same. This will keep only Windows 8 in your computer.
You can purchase a complete Windows 8 installation pack and install it in another partition with sufficient space and in the NTFS file format. Then, you will have both Windows 7 and 8 and you will have an option to choose from which to load. They will be known as 'Parallel Operating Systems',

aquisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:28 PM   #6
andyflintoff

Yes you can installed two window in a single PC just download VM Player.

andyflintoff is offline   Reply With Quote