Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th May 2011, 08:00 AM   #1
Ebony2009rb

Default Online Marketing Stratagies Used To Promote Offline Businesses

Hello everybody,
I am researching a niche market I came across some weeks ago. Namely it revolves around the offline business world. In the local offline business market ther is a need for the internet marketer to use his or her skills to help propmote businesses that do not have an online presence.
did you know that most of the offline businesses advertise in the Yellow Pages for instance and yet most searches and purchases are done online, last stats 90%. My idea is to go round these businesses and become an internet marketing consultant and get traffic for them and therefore more customers. I would then set up a monthly membership whereby I make a simple WordPress website for them and promote the business sending customers to them that they would have missed.
My question is ''Does anyone already do this and if so would you mind being quoted in an article I am writing for a high level Internet Guru. your name will be published in the article.

Thanks,
Tim

Ebony2009rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th May 2011, 09:50 AM   #2
DL Davis

Hi Tim,

This is exactly what I do. Based on my experience, I wrote an ebook on how others can do it too.

Feel free to check out my site, linked below. If you would like to persue something with me, just let me know.

Thanks,
DL Davis

yoursocialmediabusiness.com

DL Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 05:47 AM   #3
Ebony2009rb

Default thanks for your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Davis View Post
Hi Tim,

This is exactly what I do. Based on my experience, I wrote an ebook on how others can do it too.

Feel free to check out my site, linked below. If you would like to persue something with me, just let me know.

Thanks,
DL Davis

yoursocialmediabusiness.com
Hello DL Davis,
Thanks for the reply. I am seeking definate proof that the idea I have works and real people are doing it. My idea is to use internet marketing in the high street. Finding local businesses and promoting them online. A lot of small high street businesses do not have an online presence. they may not know how to do it and what benefits it can bring to them. Simply Googling a firm and using one keyword plus ' your town' will tell you how to up the game for them.
Your thoughts and comments are very welcome,
kindly,
Tim

Old 12th May 2011, 09:26 AM   #4
DL Davis

Hi Tim. I'm not sure exactly how you'd like me to contribute. If you could be more specific I'd be happy to work with you.

DL Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Ebony2009rb

Default Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Davis View Post
Hi Tim. I'm not sure exactly how you'd like me to contribute. If you could be more specific I'd be happy to work with you.
Hi DL,
I beg your pardon as I have indeed been non-specific. I am writing an article and I have seen your site and read what you have done. I would like to quote you in my article with your approval of course. Your name and a link will be put into the article if it gets published. If it is published I will send you a copy.
That is all I need.
I thank you for your patience.
Kind Regards,
Tim Holmes

Old 13th May 2011, 09:27 AM   #6
JoefromPhilly

Default Create FaceBook Pages for Businesses

I know that you can also create Facebook pages for businesses fairly easily and then you can help them manage their site by creating content for them and helping them build a community around their site. You can then create a community based website that links to all of the individual business FB pages. If you are good at soliciting merchants, then something like this could work for you.

JoefromPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 08:43 AM   #7
Ebony2009rb

Default Great Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoefromPhilly View Post
I know that you can also create Facebook pages for businesses fairly easily and then you can help them manage their site by creating content for them and helping them build a community around their site. You can then create a community based website that links to all of the individual business FB pages. If you are good at soliciting merchants, then something like this could work for you.
Hi Joe,
Thank you for your very interesting idea. I will be following up on that one.
Cheers,
Tim

Old 23rd May 2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Ewerks

Default Online Marketing for Offline Businesses

Hi,
Yes, there is a big market for online marketing services for the brick-and-mortar business.

It is actually something my partner and I are very passionate about because we want to promote the growth of local small businesses. We help small business owners come up with unique and custom online strategies based on their industry and their perspective. There are no new ideas, just new perspectives. And that's what sells right now, having a perspective, having a stance. Internet marketing has become much more than just having a website and social media profiles. It's about connecting and sharing your message, showing your clients you are flesh and blood too. That you know there pains because you've been there and you have the answer for them.

In a nutshell, I believe you need a strong website to be found, attract visitors, position yourself as an expert in your field and with good website copy and time invested in connecting with them, you can turn them into leads and then paying clients.

Ok so I could totally keep going but I'll give it a rest. If you're interested in learning more about us, check out our site!

Erica

Ewerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 10:12 PM   #9
lw-daryljames

I really like the Facebook idea. Thanks for sharing.

lw-daryljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 04:23 AM   #10
seo-guy

If you have done a thorough online-market research, it’s moment to standardize the data you have. Write-down what are the major weaknesses and strengths of your competitors. Perhaps you have more moment than your competitors? Or perhaps you know some traffic-source that others do not.