Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th April 2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Flowerlady58

Smile Florist Needs Some Ideas

Greetings Everyone! I just happened upon this forum and I am very excited to have regsitered. I've already have learned lots of information from reading various posts. To all of those who participated... in advance I say thank you!

Here is my dilemna... I own a small flower shop in a small town in Texas,while business is slow,( weddings are great on weekends ) so as I sit in here all day long...I ponder what could I do to generate 1)more daily sales and customers in my door...2 ) could I use my internet to make money...without work at home scams. Today is perfect example sat here from 8 this morning and its now 3:00PM with only 1 customer and a telemarketer call... clearly something more useful and profitable could be done in this time space, with any money to invest in either inventory or advertising... Any crazy ideas out there?
Thanks for reading
Flowerlady58

Flowerlady58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th April 2011, 06:47 PM   #2
websonalized

How about going to large hotels and or expensive restaurants and creating a membership like service. You would think of a fancy design each week. Then they would pay for the membership a monthly fee. Of course, there is the getting of the account, good salesmanship I guess. How about membership for homes in expensive neighbrohoods?

Is this like totally crazy, or is it feasible?

BTW

websonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 10:51 PM   #3
DL Davis

Hey Flowerlady,

Since I'm also new in this forum, I was looking at the Introductions. I think you are asking a good question, but I don't think it will be seen by as many of the forum members here. I think you should go out and start a new thread in the "offline marketing" or local business marketing areas. That way, more people will see your question and provide more ideas.

When you do, could you provide more details about your situation? For example, do you want to expand your flower business or do something different while also running the flower shop? Do you aspire to do social media related work? Are you comfortable online, or would you rather do something offline?

DL Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 02:10 AM   #4
daveontrip

Yes.. welcome you here..

I suggest you to have a network of your friends and let them know about your flower business. Not only on weddings but also on small occasions, birthday parties etc can help you grow your business offline. If you are looking for online business then Social networking is an excellent source.

daveontrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 03:11 PM   #5
Flowerlady58

Default thanks everyone

I will go and post my questions as suggested in the other categories. Just for the sake of answering here to this post. I have done all the usual required things that a " new" shop would do in town. I have great relationships with most of the area vendors, have corporate clients, but reality is... people, companies, etc... are just not spending money on flowers unless it is the utmost of importantce. I've seen in my time ( used to work in the wholesale side of the business ) many flower shops go out of business, due to lack of business, however my weddings can carry me thru.... now the problem is Monday - Friday... I just can't sit here and do nothing.So hence the looking for something else to do, whether it be pertaining to flowers, something completely different to do online...I think ( lol ) I am fairly computer literate so I thought something on line would fill in the gaps...but the big question is what???

Flowerlady58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 06:41 PM   #6
kfortie

Question Wanting to Start Small Event Floral Business/At Home

I am wanting to start a VERY small floral business, primarily wedding and events with a friend of mine. It would just be the two us. We are hoping to book 1 event each week. What do you recommend we classify ourselves as (LLC? Partnership? Etc...). I am thinking Partnership. It's really something simple. We just need a tax ID number to purchase product at wholesale and file taxes separate from our personal taxes. Help!

kfortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 02:53 PM   #7
lawebdesign

If you truly love what you're doing, then maybe start a blog and blog about your passion. Post pics of arrangements and how to's, etc.

...if you don't really like flowers THAT much, then find what it is that you love and delve into it to learn as much as you can. All that time can be turned into knowledge, if not immediate cash.

welcome to the forum!

lawebdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 11:40 PM   #8
johnkca

Smile

Start a blog with your name domain,so you can get more customers,since you must be famous by flower business.

johnkca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 06:01 PM   #9
webmasterspride

Send a message via MSN to webmasterspride Send a message via Yahoo to webmasterspride Send a message via Skype™ to webmasterspride

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkca View Post
Start a blog with your name domain,so you can get more customers,since you must be famous by flower business.
Thanks a bunch.

webmasterspride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 12:26 PM   #10
SouthernBoyTeas

Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernBoyTeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerlady58 View Post
I will go and post my questions as suggested in the other categories. Just for the sake of answering here to this post. I have done all the usual required things that a " new" shop would do in town. I have great relationships with most of the area vendors, have corporate clients, but reality is... people, companies, etc... are just not spending money on flowers unless it is the utmost of importantce. I've seen in my time ( used to work in the wholesale side of the business ) many flower shops go out of business, due to lack of business, however my weddings can carry me thru.... now the problem is Monday - Friday... I just can't sit here and do nothing.So hence the looking for something else to do, whether it be pertaining to flowers, something completely different to do online...I think ( lol ) I am fairly computer literate so I thought something on line would fill in the gaps...but the big question is what???
Maybe you should look at expanding your offerings. Perhaps you could create gift baskets of some kind. To be brutally honest, I'm not one to order flowers except on Valentine's Day and maybe our wedding anniversary, and I think that's probably most guys. But maybe you could offer some fun gift baskets with something unique in them that people might be more interested in. Just a thought.

SouthernBoyTeas is offline   Reply With Quote