Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th January 2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Denil Auto

Exclamation Specialty Auto Brokering Advertising

Hey all!

I am not an expert at advertising, which is why I'm hoping to get some ideas for you..

Our family has owned a small auto garage for about 5 years and 2 years ago, bought the license from the state to be an auto dealership.

I have recently discovered that by purchasing cars for specific buyers through auto auctions (same place as any other dealer) and by being a smaller operation, we can actually afford to sell the vehicles at quite a bit of a lower price than the big guys.. With this being said, we have decided to go down this path.

The basic process is as follows: Customer contacts us and fills out information sheet about make/model, Miles, Acessories ect they want in a vehicle. We find the vehicle for them, purchase the vehicle and then they pay us in return. We can buy all over the country, and in fact, most of the time deliver the vehicle to the customer and still be lower than other dealerships in their area.

I am looking for advice on what will be the "best way" to get our name out there in the Wisconsin/Minnesota/Illinois region and start finding some vehicles for people!

I have considered:

#1- Website
#2- PPC ads
#3- Ads in major papers in WI/IL/MN
#4- Radio ads

I would appreciate any advice if I'm on the right track, or way off the reservation on this one!

Denil Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th January 2012, 08:48 PM   #2
daveb1
VIP Contributor

I would first get listed in all the major auto newspapers and classifieds in your area. Start there and find out which magazine and paper ads our the best. Then list yourself on every major online directory and classified site. The more the localized the director or listing the better. You will also want to build out some social media as well.

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 07:03 PM   #3
richjr

I suggest you start getting listed in local search listings with Bing and Google.

richjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 10:28 AM   #4
The Diamond Pen

I think it's a great idea, having had to buy a new-to-me minivan within the last year. A website is absolutely required for something like that, and is really the first step. You have to have your ads pointing somewhere! Spend extra time making sure it is well-designed, easy to use, and appealing. get some testimonials from some of your previous and repeat clients to put up and add some credibility about your honesty (a key trait of auto dealers), value, etc.

Also, I would focus on a short, catchy ad phrase, like:
"Pick out your dream car!"
"Need a car? We'll find it for you."
"We deliver what you need."
Or something similar that's easy to remember and paste all over the place.

Old 17th February 2012, 12:54 PM   #5
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by richjr View Post
I suggest you start getting listed in local search listings with Bing and Google.

Agree, the idea of local listing was very great. Because you can surely have a spot in your local search in Google which really had a great point.

Old 29th May 2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Dan T.

I believe it is best to start locally, both in online and offline marketing. After building a local following, use that leverage to springboard to other markets.

Dan T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 01:47 PM   #7
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Default Facebook, yet?

I have a friend who puts images on Facebook, and he gets traffic through this means. He currently has 33 contracts lined-up. Would this venue work for autos with the local targeting capability?

Old 19th June 2012, 04:13 PM   #8
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_one View Post
I have a friend who puts images on Facebook, and he gets traffic through this means. He currently has 33 contracts lined-up. Would this venue work for autos with the local targeting capability?

It will surely work if you are great in targeting you market by local places, category, wants and needs. If this thing will happen I'm sure this will surely a good venue for your auto buss.

-- Wayne.

Old 16th July 2012, 01:02 AM   #9
aleenajoe

I would also suggest you that you should list your business to local and regional directories which can really help you ..

aleenajoe is offline   Reply With Quote