Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles > Real Small Businesses, Real Big Ideas Series
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th June 2006, 04:06 PM   #1
thejenn

Send a message via AIM to thejenn

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Default Real Small Businesses, Real Big Ideas (This Time, It's Personal)

Authored by: Jennifer Laycock

Full Text: http://www.searchengineguide.com/laycock/007885.html

A Snippet:

Last week I alluded to the next big project that I'll be launching here at Search Engine Guide. I'll be working with a team of volunteers from different areas of the industry in order to help an existing small business figure out the next steps that they need to take in order to get their online business moving.

Old 29th June 2006, 05:05 PM   #2
codeplacidly

Default coo

sounds like I'm going to be back here reading regularly Wish I was a small business and could volunteer! So you have any guidelines for who you are willing to work with - do they have to be based in the states for example?

Jax

codeplacidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 09:29 AM   #3
thejenn

Send a message via AIM to thejenn

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Hey Jax...just when you think you've gotten away...we suck you back in!

What I'm really looking for in a small business to profile (and I have one or two already) is a backstory with personality. The thing that made the 30 day project go over so well is that it wasn't dry...it had humor, it had real life, it was something that people could relate to. (Like the time my realtor gave me like an hour's notice on showing my house and I had to get myself, the kid and the dog out while still hitting my deadline...lol)

So, when people write in to suggest their business, they need to tell me as much about themselves as they do about the business. Obviously I'm going to have to turn down the greatest portion of requests, which kinda stinks...but the folks that catch my eye on that first email will definately get me interested in diging a little deeper to see what the possibilities are.

And I've had several generous offers to pitch in with consulting services and some products. I'll be getting back to everyone on Monday, but it's really exciting to see the community ready and willing to help.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this project, I think it might end up being even more fun than the 30 day one was.

Old 3rd July 2006, 04:16 AM   #4
camillaaargh!

woohoo! so glad to see you're starting up something that looks like it's going to be just as interesting as the Zero Dollars project.
Can't wait to see this one get started.

camillaaargh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 04:57 PM   #5
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie

All the best.

Cheers!

Old 12th August 2007, 04:29 AM   #6
vivek

Default suggest

i want to start my own business in the field of industrial production.pls suggest me a product wchich can prove to be a new concept in the market.

vivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 05:57 AM   #7
Adrian white

Thumbs up Im writting a step by step guide on how to be a freelance lettings agent from home

I am on smart phone wo I will keep it brief.

Hi, I am writting a booklet on how to be a freelance lettings agent with out the office.
I want to know how I can sell, it will cost approx 3gbp to produce.
I am not a book writter but have every confidence that this booklet could change lifes.
I just want tips on how I can make money from it as I am not a book writter.
What do you think.

Thank you

Adrian white is offline   Reply With Quote