Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Copywriting
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th September 2009, 02:09 AM   #11
rebecca16

well, i have a personal experience with iSnare, where you have to have a 500 word article. i have been using it sonce last few months, backlinks are really good, when you submit an article here, it automatically gets submitted to hundred of article directories, though my personal opinion is that their (isnare's) comment approval policy sucks big time, they claim to approve an article in 5-7 days time, but sometimes, articles dont get approved in 20 days, and on 21st day some of the lousiest articles will also get approved!

rebecca16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:50 AM   #12
Jenn Korell

Send a message via Skype™ to Jenn Korell

Hello all !
This is my first post -- so I hope I don't get lambasted here ;-)

I would recommend splitting the article into at least three separate articles. It sounds like you are submitting this to a subject-matter specific site, not an article directory?

If you choose to split it into sections -- then be sure to link within the article itself, but also link the articles together at the end of each one.

For instance, at the end of "Two Way Radios Part Two" (as an example,) I would have two links:

(Link 1 --> ) Two Way Radios Part One: An Introduction
(Link 1 --> ) Two Way Radios Part Three: Continue Reading

This way, each of your articles is separate (better for back links, readability, etc..) but also neatly tied together and coherent. Another option that would be an even better SEO choice (though perhaps not the best choice for the content on the site you are submitting to....) would be to have the links at the bottom link back to the segments of the articles where they exist on your own site.

Good luck!

Jenn Korell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 10:30 AM   #13
small business

i suggest that you write 500 word articles. Also if you want to link it to other blogs and to your website 300 words will be good. Hope this helps.

small business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 11:55 AM   #14
copywriter

Welcome Jenn. Only prob with that is some sites don't allow links within the body copy. Otherwise, good idea!

Quote:
Also if you want to link it to other blogs and to your website 300 words will be good.
Not sure I'm following you here, Small. What difference would where you link to make in the length of the article?

Old 1st October 2009, 10:32 AM   #15
Lentrepot

I tend to agree w/ some of the other posts that splitting the article into multiple sections is a good way to go. A lot of people spoke about the potential SEO benefits and the need to conform to various posting rules etc.

The reason why I think it should be split into multiple articles is based on some data I came across about information overload. Specifically that people's brains have a much more difficult time receiving and processing new information after only a few min (8 - 10 minutes, I believe).

So even if people are reading the entire 3000+ word article, there is a decent chance that they won't be able to effectively absorb any important info at the end. And the fact that the article is technical likely means that most people will use up their brain power in less than the typical 8 - 10 minutes.

Lentrepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 06:34 AM   #16
sofiawmr

I think size doesn't matter but content have to informative. And some Article site also give restriction .. so you have remember it also...

sofiawmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 10:50 AM   #17
Chelsea Elm

I would post the article in 2 or 3 parts only because most people are not patient enough to read a long article online in one go.
X C

Chelsea Elm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 01:02 AM   #18
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

But where are we saying the break off point is, what is the rough upper limit on each section - 300 words, 500 words, more, less?

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 02:57 AM   #19
aussieroo1

I think it depends on what you plan to do with the article. If you're submitting it to article directories, I think what's important is to maintain readership throughout the entire article, especially if it's 3093 words long.

Old 10th October 2009, 11:19 PM   #20
cpace

I would say that anything over 500-700 words should be broken up into two or more articles. The problem that I've seen with articles is that most Internet readers have short attention spans. A 1300+ word article will turn them off for sure (and result in a short visit on my site), but two articles that are 700 words each are easier to swallow, so to speak.

cpace is offline   Reply With Quote