Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles > Real Small Businesses, Real Big Ideas Series
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd August 2006, 03:08 AM   #21
jmhonline
I bought the book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.N.Onym
Well, if you read the article and the discussion here, you'll notice that we were discussing whether it was worth adjusting the current shopping cart system or installing a new one (Zen Cart). It appears the team has decided (and I agree with them) to keep the MIVA solution.

I have no idea how MIVA looks, but if it didn't work for the client efficiently, I'd consider changing it to a more customizable and user-friendly one, such as Zen Cart, which I suggested.
I did and that is why I asked you the questions. Your follow up makes me reiterate my previous questions, but nevermind.

jmhonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:17 PM   #22
A.N.Onym
VIP Contributor

Quote:
What do you mean by "usuable" and "tweaking" in reference to Miva Merchant? I don't hear too often that someone doesn't "tweak" their online store no matter what it is including zen. I use both, btw.
My answer:
Quote:
I have no idea how MIVA looks, but if it didn't work for the client efficiently, I'd consider changing it to a more customizable and user-friendly one, such as Zen Cart, which I suggested.
There are many parts that make a shopping cart usable, such as categories by type/price/other, nested categories, ability to sort products by many factors, easy and fast checkout process, etc.

Other usability stuff covers what the site owner can do with the shopping cart and it is independent of the software.

A.N.Onym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 12:52 PM   #23
Habenicht1072

Quote:
A.N.Onym,

There's also quite a bit of data that you can get from Analyzer (the lowest paid level, which runs about $500) but you gain enough more functionality with Optimizer (about $1200) that it's on of those "worth saving for" kinda things. (or starting with Analyzer and upgrading down the road, ClickTracks does give upgrade credits...)
I don't know if anyone else has made this point but... I know it is a huge upfront cost, but in 3-6 months (depending on state) you will need to file your tax's, right? Isn't this a business deduction. I'm not saying that makes it less expensive but if you helps you generate the amount of business they are talking about, you are also saving that much money in tax's you have to pay.

Habenicht1072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 01:08 PM   #24
Logan
Administrator

True and a good point. Also with ClickTracks, Jen did point out -

Quote:
Keep in mind they also have hosted versions that can be pretty affordable if your traffic levels aren't super high. That might be a route to check out as well...
If cost is an issue, you probably just need the hosted solution which is fairly affordable on a monthly basis. $76/optimizer and $189/pro per month.