Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th January 2015, 04:54 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Why Do You Need To Obtain Premium Domain Name For Your Online Business

Whatís in a name? Well, if you are in online business there is a lot. The domain names that are easy to remember and catchy can generate lot of traffic and, in turn, sales. Some of the well known and generic domain names have been sold for millions of dollars. This is why many owners of new online businesses make an effort to find premium domain names. A business with a premium domain name can direct a lot of online shoppers to a website. Furthermore, the more visitors there are, the more likely it is that an online business will experience a growth in sales. Take a look at some other reasons why itís beneficial for an online business to choose a premium domain name.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...line-business/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th February 2015, 10:29 AM   #2
CoAV

I totally agree!

CoAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 11:47 AM   #3
bjay99

Short domains are best!

bjay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 11:52 AM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjay99 View Post
Short domains are best!
Agree, but not always easy to start with one. For example this forum has the short domain www.getbizhelp.com which redirects here. Some times it takes success/ermm$ and time to get a short domain these days, and that isn't always available when starting out.

Old 27th February 2015, 01:11 PM   #5
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Arrow Domain names: horses for courses!

With our local consulting clients we use two different types of domain names, for one simple reason:
  • If people already know their business name, including existing customers, we use their business name as their domain name, with the usual essentials for business sites. These are not people who will normally need to search for them.
  • If local buyers are looking for local businesses, we use an entirely different approach that targets LOCAL search and displays a dedicated lead generation site that's different from their main site.
We've found that this two-pronged approach works exceptionally well.

We have one client who is a seller for a large company with a large sales team. His listings in all search engines outstrip his employer's rankings every time, and have helped significantly in him reaching the point where 50% of all sales by the company are made by him. (He is consistently #1 for his industry for high competition keywords that are most used by prospective buyers.)

Interestingly, we spend ZERO on SEO, while his employer spends four figures a month on SEO.

Last edited by MarketingDoctor; 27th February 2015 at 01:16 PM.
MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 07:17 PM   #6
Spider
VIP Contributor

What is a premium domain name?

(In case you are wondering, I know what domain name is, but what is a premium domain name?)

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 12:04 PM   #7
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
What is a premium domain name?

(In case you are wondering, I know what domain name is, but what is a premium domain name?)
Premium domain name is the one that is easy to remember and ties to your business directly. For example www.diaper.com domain name will tell you exactly what to expect when you visit their website.

Old 28th February 2015, 04:52 PM   #8
Spider
VIP Contributor

That's just a domain name, isn't it? I don't see what's "premium" about it. I think of "premium" as something special (notably the price, most often!)

I mean, why would you want a domain name like diaper.com if your website isn't about or related to diapers?

I don't get it.

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 01:28 PM   #9
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
That's just a domain name, isn't it? I don't see what's "premium" about it. I think of "premium" as something special (notably the price, most often!)

I mean, why would you want a domain name like diaper.com if your website isn't about or related to diapers?

I don't get it.
You are missing the point. You would want to have a domain name that immediately tells the reader what the website is about. When someone sees diaper.com name for the website he would expect to have diaper related content on it. That is what premium domain names provide - they tell the reader what it is about and they are easy to remember.

Old 13th March 2015, 09:53 AM   #10
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Domain name is like a sign on a shop and it means a lot for trustworthiness of online business. I wouldn't re-visit the website with irrelevant or suspicious domain name. If it's legal and reliable business, why it can't get a premium domain name?