Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Copywriting
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st March 2015, 10:47 AM   #31
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

It's exceedingly doubtful that you'll be penalized for using a plagiarism detector. How would Google know whether you used one, anyway? And even if they did manage to figure it out (how?), why would they care?

There are many legitimate reasons to use a plagiarism detector. Google isn't going to waste their time running around trying to catch people using legitimate tools and penalizing them for doing so.

When it comes to Google, though... keep in mind, "not being penalized" is not necessarily the same as "being rewarded."

--Torka

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:18 AM   #32
Kumar Palani

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantheMan View Post
I read a post from a well respected and very reliable source for SEO guidance.
I had no clue what "spun" or "spinning" was, so I researched a little on the subject. I became confused on the difference between spinning and repurposing an article.
My observation is that article spinning is viewed as unethical.
If I had an article that was intended for an audience of a particular profession, the vocabulary and style used in the article would be technical. If I wanted to repurpose the article for a layman or less technical audience, wouldn't rewriting or spinning be the way to do that? Wouldn't this spun version be a creative way to attract different readers who are searching for different terminology? Wouldn't the content be unique? Is it not a good idea to repurpose material because the search engines will view it as duplicate content and take some sort of action or penalty against the new article or the site?

So, if an article is being repurposed, can a "spun" article be unique and creative?

Contents, stories and poems are all a kind of feeling, a thought of a person. You cannot think or feel like others, and even more so for their mind set and so on.

For instance I can understand you love your "Girl Friend" based on what you say, I hear, I see and so on. But I can never feel your love for her, that's something between you and your Girl. Same comes here a content written is a dream, feeling or mind set of the respective writer, you can never recreate it.

Forget about the article spinning apps, no human can rewrite an article with pin-point perfection of the original writer's views.

Note: Non of the above applies for a spammer, you guys can go ahead.

Old 27th July 2015, 01:58 AM   #33
eletom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I just spun what you said, lets see what happens ...

"My speculation is picking up acceptance. I was looking, be that as it may, for a conceivable new use for "turning" programming in a positive manner. Goodness well, I wouldn't have any desire to hazard the loss of characteristics like tone and identity paying little heed to the time cost spared utilizing it.

I'd like to hear if anybody has ever utilized a spinner program for repurposing. Previously, then after the fact illustrations of an article would be acknowledged.

Dan"

Crap. crap, and more crap. that's all that i've ever seen.
Hahaha. That is fun. What program made this?
Just to be clear, spinning is spamming and content stealing together. Nice. Google saves us from bad people.

eletom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 02:28 AM   #34
sophiarivera07

I think both are same. Repurposing is an act of reusing something already existent and changing or recreating it.

sophiarivera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 05:51 AM   #35
LaneKreps

Send a message via Skype™ to LaneKreps

If the uniqueness between two spoon articles is about 80-90 %then it is good.

LaneKreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 12:38 PM   #36
JoshuaJ

There is nothing wrong with spun content.

JoshuaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 01:32 AM   #37
eletom

except for humans. who like to read text that actually make sense

eletom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 05:12 PM   #38
Logan
Administrator

Well said. I don't think there is a gray line here. At least it is hard for me to see one when I filter through the spam here every day. Seems very clear to me.

Old 11th October 2015, 10:14 PM   #39
handsomegenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaJ View Post
There is nothing wrong with spun content.
There is everything wrong with it. Nothing about putting one article through software to generate 100 articles that lends itself to a good reader experience. It's the very definition of prioritising quantity over quality to clog the internet up with rubbish. And it hasn't been efficacious in years.

handsomegenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 04:38 AM   #40
hrishivardhan

Spin articles are something that is written before and you are just changing some words. It will not work for SEO from my point of you.
Because now google is only looking for quality content and your site may have chance to penalize by Google algorithm updates.

hrishivardhan is offline   Reply With Quote