Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th July 2007, 01:20 PM   #1
damricky01

Default Way To Make Money Online

Hi All,

I have my own site and I want to earn lot of money but I donít have any idea that how I can earn. Can some one please tell me the way to make money online?? Coz I need money

Thanks in advance

damricky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th July 2007, 02:35 PM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

There are four main ways to make money online. Interestingly enough, there are also four main ways to make money in general.

You can sell advertising, information, products or services.

Advertising: Online, you can run "traditional" banner or text ads or you can sign up for something like AdSense and run PPC ads. In the offline world, revenue from classified and display ads is actually how most newspapers and magazines make most of their money.

Information: The secondary source of income for most newspapers and magazines is subscription revenue and per-copy sales. Basically, they provide useful information, which people are willing to pay money for, either by subscription (which adds the convenience of home delivery) or by paying per-copy at the newsstand. People buy books (and visit bookstores) because they want the information/entertainment the books offer.

Online, you can do the same thing by making your site a tremendously useful resource with information that people are willing to pay money for, and selling subscriptions that allow them to access the bulk of your content. Or you can write e-books and sell those.

Products: Make original crafts. Sell handmade furniture, new & used office equipment, custom-designed jewelry, designer clothing, all-natural cosmetics, home electronics, sports gear, personalized greeting cards, organic gourmet food products... you name it. If you can think of it, it's likely there's somebody selling it successfully online. And if they can do it, so can you if you put your mind to it. So pick a product you like, and go to work.

Services: Can you design web pages? Are you a marketing whiz? Can you help kids with their math homework? Can you respond to customer inquiry e-mails on behalf of busy business owners? How about a birthday/anniversary reminder service for forgetful people? "Hotel-style wake up calls at home"? There are all kinds of services you can offer. Let your imagination run free for awhile and I'm sure you'll think of plenty.

The point is, there are zillions of ways to make money online, just as there are zillions of ways to make money offline. The thing is, almost none of them will make you a millionaire overnight, and almost all of them will require work. Often a LOT of work.

Find something you're interested in. Something that gives you a sense of satisfaction when you work on it. Something that gets you excited. Then see what ways you can brainstorm to monetize that area of interest.

It's much easier to put in the time and effort required if you're working on something you enjoy in the first place.

My

--Torka

Old 16th July 2007, 09:59 PM   #3
mktgbiz

Beats the heck out of my answer Torka!!

-

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 10:26 PM   #4
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by damricky01 View Post
Hi All,

I have my own site and I want to earn lot of money but I donít have any idea that how I can earn. Can some one please tell me the way to make money online?? Coz I need money

Thanks in advance
Torka has laid the cards for you. Best of luck!

And oh, welcome!

Old 16th July 2007, 11:06 PM   #5
mitch

what is your site? You say you already have one what do you have on there at the moment?

Mitch

mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 08:34 AM   #6
mktgbiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
what is your site? You say you already have one what do you have on there at the moment?

Mitch

Can't post a link to his site yet......has to reach 10 posts on the site first.

-

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 12:00 AM   #7
silver1955

I'm new and I don't want to go off topic but wow what a great place this is. I read what torka wrote and I can't wait to dive in and learn and contribute.

silver1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 12:36 AM   #8
Robert
Administrator

Welcome aboard!

Old 5th January 2008, 09:08 AM   #9
jossaf_john

Default Re:Way To Make Money Online

You can earn money by showing ads on your web site.
I find that you can earn the most money from advertising by hooking up with Googleís Ad sense. Once you have signed up they give you a code to just copy and paste into your site. You can earn any amount from 5 cents to $20 each time a visitor clicks on one of your Ad sense ads, depending on the topics.
You will also need to earn ways of getting traffic to your site, such as using search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, banner advertising etc. Hope this information provides you sufficient help.

jossaf_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 06:45 PM   #10
Stan2000

So let's see, 5 cents per click and you need let's say $4000. / month to stay above the national poverty level, so we divide 4000 by .05 to get 80,000 clicks per month. Hmmm. What would generate this many clicks? Any ideas?

Thanks, Stan

Stan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote