Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th May 2015, 12:36 AM   #1
kseologinapple

Default Interior Design: 6 Basic And Effective (Yet Mostly Unknown) DIY Retail Design Tips

Hi everyone, in my life I often see people own a Retail Shop, but sadly almost all of them are just built at random. As the consequences, I seldom see a small scale Retail Shop filled with people. Even in Department Stores only the big Shops get the customers.

As an Interior Designer that have designed a few successful Retail Shops myself, I feel obligated to help those Shop Owners so they can make their Shops more attractive to customers and getting more revenues.

Below are a few basic tips for Interior Design that you can do yourself. Yes, you can do these yourself without relying on another Interior Designer.

1. Decorate Your Shop's Exterior

This is a very simple and basic thing to do, but many people often neglect it, or just doing it randomly. Research proves that a shop with beautiful Exterior but regular Interior managed to attract more customer compared to a shop that applied the reverse.

This is because the things customer first see from a shop will be used by them to subconsciously judge the whole product of the store whether it’s to their liking or not. So it’s better if you know your niche and what customer going to your or competitor’s store usually want, so you can create decorations and display the products that are suited to those types of customers.

2. The Retail Design Right Hand Rule

This is the second important step to design your Retail Interior. From our continuous observation in span of a few years, we noticed one particular habit of many customers.

It's a very simple thing: Most customers that enter a shop usually turn to the right first.

This is a small, yet very important point in Interior Design for Retail and Shops. The first group of product that a customer see will be their first impression of the overall product in your store. This phenomenon often referred to as “The Power Wall”.

So be sure to give special attention to what product you choose to display on the right side of your store because it can make or break your total sales.

Ok, I really want to put all the other tips here, but I know that an excessively long post will easily make people tired. So you can read the rest of the tips in this article:

http://retailshopdesign.com.sg/inter...design-layout/

I hope these tips can help you design a better shop and getting more revenues.

kseologinapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th May 2015, 01:30 PM   #2
matthew86

Thanks)
It's quite impressive how important interior design is.
I think it takes 30% of success of the sale.

matthew86 is offline   Reply With Quote