Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th February 2011, 01:35 AM   #1
LogoDesigner

Talking Trade Graphic Design For Web Design

First- I looked through all the cats and I think I have this in the correct area...

I am in need of some help- I would like to trade some graphic design skills for some web design skills.

This is probably pretty simple for a good developer- All I need is my html errors cleaned up. I'm too nervouse to go poking around in my files and end up destroying my website.

This is the error info- http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ww...Inline&group=0

It shows 31 errors and 22 warnings.

I don't think this is a huge deal for an experienced coder/web designer to fix.

In exchange for your work, I will trade you some design work. Let me know the scope of exactly how much it would take to fix it and I will make a deal on design work. If you want, we can also trade links, and do some more work in the future. I do come across folks needing web design all the time, and I usually just tell them to google web design. It might be a better idea to get with a partner!

you can hit me up here or send me a PM..

I know I shouldn't have to say this, but I need a pro... I am an experienced designer, trained, so I need a trained pro as well.

LogoDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:31 PM   #2
mbreezy

Steve,

I looked through briefly at the errors and 90% of them are errors on the validator. What I've noticed when using that one is that it goes through and finds expressions throughout your code. But an expression isn't necessarily universal because it may actually be correct somewhere else.

For example, the error "character X is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data" is pointless. It recommends that you use an escaped style of "&" such as "&" which you'll find doesn't mean a thing. Either & or & will work... But when you're typing out a sentence are you going to throw & in there or &? You'll use the ampersand.

Another example for "reference to entity X for which no system identifier could be generated" is that it's thinking your URL is code when it is not code, it's a link to another page. In some URLs you have &categoryid=25 and it's saying there's an error with the =. That is perfectly okay.

Bottom line is, your page displays fine, your code seems to meet most standards (IE7+, Chrome, FF, Opera, etc) so I would say you're good to go.

Keep in mind with websites you have 2 audiences... Potential customers and SEs (which ultimately lead to potential customers) and what you have there serves well. Of course you could be picky and fix those, but the validator isn't necessarily one of your audiences.

Site looks great, BTW.

mbreezy is offline   Reply With Quote