Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st October 2004, 10:39 PM   #1
Chris

Default Hi Everyone from Wisconsin

Hello everyone!

Hmm where to start.. I am terrible at introductions so bear with me

I run a small legal matter management consulting company called Mosaic Consulting LLC which has been in business since 2000. In the last year or so we have grown to 7 full time members.

About a year ago I started a small website and blog hosting company with my girlfriend and combined it with her blog design templates and website design business. Originally the hosting started because we owned so many domains it made no sense to pay someone else so that we can be thrown on an over-crowded server. So being my usual nutty self I ordered my own server and before I knew it we were hosting 75 domains. Some of which are heavily travelled blog sites that get mentioned on major media outlets which is always fun when your watching thousands of connections knocking on the door of the website all at the same time.

I dabble a little bit in internet security (have for 10+ years) occasionally providing my expertise to companies. My girlfriend Lisa is a registered nurse and still practices part time as well as providing consulting services to lawyers on nursing practices.

Well I am sure this has gone on for long enough to bore you all to death. I look forward to reading and writing here. If I can help anyone don't hesitate to ask and I shall try and give a decent answer or no answer at all since I think a wrong answer is worse than a no answer

Last edited by Chris; 1st October 2004 at 10:45 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st October 2004, 11:00 PM   #2
Robert
Administrator

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum!

I went ahead and linked your sig file so everyone can check out your sites.

Seeing where you are from you'll probably like this. Being a good-natured Vikings fan I thought I'd share a little humor with you before the Packers get blown out on 12/24.

Your sites look great and considering we just set up a new Blogs and Blogging area, your expertise will certainly be welcome.

If you need anything, just let me know.

Oh, by the way, the forum usually is quiet on the weekend so if you don't get a response right away, don't worry, you'll surely get responses once the weekend is over.

Old 2nd October 2004, 12:32 AM   #3
Chris

Hi Robert!

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I just had to post that link on my own blog for lisa the cheesehead. Took me at least 2 minutes to stop laughing!

A friend of mine is taking his son to that game. His son grew up in california and is a huge cheesehead and that will be his very first time seeing them live.. so for his sake and my own i hope they put the Vikings out to sea

I have pretty much commented the blog section to death along with the security section I hope it isn't a problem linking over to the howto's at blogs-about. As we have been dealing with clients and our own little issues in the blogging world we tend to turn around and make the help email a howto for posterity. If this is an issue please let me know.

Thanks again!

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2004, 05:53 AM   #4
wayne h

Hi Chris.

It's great to see another blogging voice to join with those already here.

There are already a few people who have added a blog component to their businesses. As you know, and I firmly believe, blogs are a growing part of every business's tool box of communications, marketing, and search engine optimization efforts.

Welcome!

Wayne Hurlbert

wayne h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2004, 12:18 PM   #5
divshow
VIP Contributor

Hi Chris ~

Welcome to the forum! We are so glad you decided to join us and share your knowledge!

Old 2nd October 2004, 04:27 PM   #6
Linda
VIP Contributor

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum, great to have a blogger on board. We can always use the expertise of a blogger because it is amazing how that "industry" has grown. You offer some really great packages for small website hosting plus I like the FAQ section. Sounds like you are a real "hands on" host. Jump in anytime, our members can certainly use your know how.

Linda

Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2004, 11:05 PM   #7
Robert
Administrator

Quick note, I moved Valerie's intro post to its own thread here:

http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...read.php?t=321

Old 4th October 2004, 07:15 PM   #8
Trish

Default welcome

Welcome to the forum Chris. I'm just learning about blogging, never heard of it til I joined this forum.

Trish is offline   Reply With Quote