Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Selling Ad Space
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th July 2007, 03:31 AM   #1
Anna ms

Default Any Good Advice On How To Make $ With Google Adsense?

Hi there

What are the best practices to make money with Google Adsense?

Anna ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th July 2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Good topic, but awfully broad to approach in a single post. I think there are similar tactics that crossover to any means of marketing - for example selling a product, diverting through an affiliate link, or presenting adsense ads can all be approaches to generating revenue online. If you are just getting started, and need to get up to speed with seo/sem - then I'd start with jen's ebook (free 30 days - http://www.searchengineguide.com/ebooks/freeebook.html and small business guide to search engine marketing). Just setting up experimental sites and building traffic through seo - then in turn generating revenue via adsense is an approach many take. This always works (generates most revenue) for me. Providing ads that compliment the content and search queries related. The closer the better.

Outside of general approaches to targeting traffic, you then get into using channels and tracking to a/b test various layouts, etc. If you are new to this, you can read up on things along with checking out the google adsense heat map (https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...&answer=17954). Positioning plays a big role, along with blending the ads to look similar to your site's other links/backgrounds/etc - as much as possible.

With traffic and placement in place, I think then it is important to continue to expand your content to good keywords/markets. I'll often run an adwords campaign side-by-side to test/verify search popularity. Keyword research, knowing how to get first page above the fold rankings, and then last but not least vary up the ads and placement some. Be selective where you do use ads - not every page needs them in the same place, research your traffic - and if a particular page that is drawing traffic that is complimentary for adsense ads then place ads that will generate revenue. If ads are in place, and don't draw revenue (check the channels setup) then don't keep them there in my opinion, leads to ad blindness. I usually don't setup ads until I am drawing traffic to a page - as i think it can be a hinder to have ads in place when promoting a site - especially if there are many/and they aren't drawing revenue.

Find a topic you enjoy, consider focusing on provide quality informational site(s)... the more you work on it, the more (most) will earn.

Old 3rd December 2007, 08:35 PM   #3
didi07

currently, i only use blog to make money with adsense. Because this is just a beginning.

didi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 08:03 AM   #4
mktgbiz

Straight from the horses mouth (not calling you a horse Logan.....) there's the scoop on how to make moolah with adsense.

Just started with Adsense myself a couple of weeks ago.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote