Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th October 2012, 11:56 PM   #1
BurritoBistro

Default SMS Marketing

I run a trendy Mexican restaurant and have been trying to come up with some ways to increase my repeat customers. I've started researching sms marketing but I haven't found much from business owners which gives me an idea of how successful people have been. Has anyone had any experience using SMS marketing? Can you recommend a company? From what I found this company seems very affordable, squibtext. It requires a mac, which I have, and the ongoing costs are pretty insignificant. Has anyone tried these guys?

BurritoBistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th October 2012, 12:49 AM   #2
BullsEye

Send a message via Skype™ to BullsEye

Congrats on realizing that SMS for restaurants is a powerful tool. I have never used squibtext but they do seem reasonably priced. I help businesses with their mobile and SMS marketing. I am biased but I recommend iZigg.

Whatever your choice it is great to see you utilizing this platform. It rocks!

BullsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Adison1

I don't clear this marketing. So please describe how it's benifits for our business.

Adison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Yuvastyleindia

SMS Marketing is such a marketing in which by collecting the numbers of the people SMS are send to their numbers about the daily updates, deals and offers of the site. It is also an effective way of marketing.

Yuvastyleindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 04:57 PM   #5
HalcyonCapital

Send a message via AIM to HalcyonCapital
Default SMS Marketing - Repeat Customers

SMS marketing is a great way to get folks attention as it is quick and easy to digest straight away and people do actually read text messages nowadays! However, the best way I found for my clients when running campaigns for repeat custom, has always been some sort of loyalty offer. i.e have 10 meals and get the 11th free or dine again before the 31st December 2012 and get a half price bottle of wine or a free starter. This way they are getting something out of coming back for more (which doesn't cost you a lot) and it encourages them to keep coming back for more. The other biggie for the clients I work with is that most of the time they don't do things consistently either with their marketing effort i.e it's haphazard or not regular enough or when people are visiting their businesses, they don't do the same things consistently each time which is usually one of the biggest reasons people go back for more is because of their first experience!
Another great one is to offer them either via SMS or other methods you use, is an incentive to bring a friend! this way you get two clients for the price of one!
I hope these ideas help you as they have helped my clients for sure!

HalcyonCapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 01:06 AM   #6
abhirampathak3

I want to share 10 benefits of SMS marketing:
1) Instant Deliverability
2) Flexible Platform
3) Instant Opt-In and Opt-Out
4) High Open Rate
5) High Conversion Rate
6) Reliable
7) Short Messages
8) Cool Factor
9) Limitless Market Potential
10) Green
Green is in! Though most online marketing strategies are naturally green, it is incredibly important to reiterate.

Old 6th February 2013, 03:57 AM   #7
guptaabhijit318

SMS marketing platform allows you to quickly, easily, and economically implement mobile campaigns and spin your database into gold.

guptaabhijit318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 11:20 PM   #8
jmalecha51

So which website is the best one to visit for good pricing for sms marketing? Can you still use just your affiliate link then, or what?

jmalecha51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 08:04 PM   #9
jarvo8

Send a message via Skype™ to jarvo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalecha51 View Post
So which website is the best one to visit for good pricing for sms marketing? Can you still use just your affiliate link then, or what?
Have you looked at getting a Mobile App ?

jarvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 06:33 PM   #10
voyska

SMS marketing is the absolute best way to reach every customer you have. Nobody ignores a new text message. Keep the messages to a once a month thing to avoid being ignored. Always market something like: "save $2" when you show this text. Make sure to include valid till Friday, one per customer.

Once you have a large list of phone numbers, consider grouping customers. You can send "Group 1" a message today and "Group 2" next week, and so on. This will help keep a constant flow of customers wanting to use your small, time limited offer throughout the month.

Also consider creating a system for recognizing different types of customers. For example: your big spenders, Group 3. These people get exclusive offers or notifications specifically tailored to them. Maybe they get a free lunch when they show the text. Guess what, big spender is probably going to become a much more frequent big spender. He's also going to market (brag) the heck out of what you gave him. Hey! big spender has friends...

voyska is offline   Reply With Quote