Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st April 2013, 06:19 PM   #11
personaldefense

According to my view sms marketing is not much worthier than online marketing

personaldefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th December 2013, 06:18 AM   #12
JoshThomas

It sounds like you are only doing SMS for a single business with a single domain name. You can buy very capable scripts for low prices that do not have any ongoing costs. You will be doing all the work, but it is very simple.

I noticed suggestions for only texting once a month, or only on Friday, but I suggest you experiment.

Once a month will not generate the impact you desire. Only doing Fridays will limit you too much.

We rotate days and highlight specials we know people love. How many of your clients will be upset if you send them a note that their favorite smothered burrito is a dollar off at lunch today? If they love that burrito, they will be excited to get the news. If they do not like it, they will ignore it today, but tomorrow's giant taco salad may grab their attention.

With some systems, you can allow clients to change the frequency of messages. Most of our list accepts daily notices, but we do have a few that limit it to once a week.

JoshThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 07:06 AM   #13
karenfisher252

I am not really sure about how to target the correct audience using SMS marketing. Does anyone know how to do it?

karenfisher252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 08:57 AM   #14
tarquinhall

Default SMS Marketing

SMS Marketing is best option for business, local business and also small business. SMS marketing through u can always touch with your customer. If you have cloth business then SMS marketing through you can always give information about upcoming new offers, discounts and many things. Like in restaurant and other business also u have lot of benefits.

tarquinhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 08:19 AM   #15
patriciakramer
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirampathak3 View Post
I want to share 10 benefits of SMS marketing:
1) Instant Deliverability
2) Flexible Platform
3) Instant Opt-In and Opt-Out
4) High Open Rate
5) High Conversion Rate
6) Reliable
7) Short Messages
8) Cool Factor
9) Limitless Market Potential
10) Green
Green is in! Though most online marketing strategies are naturally green, it is incredibly important to reiterate.

Is this true? Because i can not believe this sms or this conversions. Is this possible.

patriciakramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 01:15 AM   #16
Russl02

Is SMS marketing is helpful for all type of products?

Russl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 10:22 AM   #17
DFWattorney

I'm surprised this form of advertising works. I don't know anybody who enjoys getting text advertisements, even from businesses they like.

I don't know how great this is in the US where many people, particularly older adults, pay for texts as received rather than paying for a bulk or unlimited package so each text they receive about your taco salad costs them money rather than saves them money. That's not the way to curry favor with your customers.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 02:55 PM   #18
Rewardster

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakramer View Post
Is this true? Because i can not believe this sms or this conversions. Is this possible.
Well, the answer here is 'Yes'... and 'No'.

One thing to keep in mind is that, at least in the United States, cell phone marketing is required to be an 'Opt-In-Only' option, meaning you'll need your customer's express permission to send them text-message offers. Quoting from the government's Federal Trade Commission website:

"Under the FCC’s rules, texts and commercial email messages may be sent to your mobile phone if you previously agreed to receive them. For texts that are commercial, your consent must be in writing (for example, in an email or letter); for non-commercial, informational texts (such as such as those by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations, those for political purposes, and other noncommercial purposes, such as school closings) your consent may be oral."

This means you can not just collect customer telephone numbers and start sending them text-messages, without first getting permission from them in writing.

Next, you'll want to consider that SMS text-message offers are not infallible. A customer could come into your store today and show you his "10% Off Cup of Coffee" text, then come back later that night and show the same text to the cashier on duty at that time. Unless you've built a system to account for "redemptions", you run the risk of the same offer being used over and over. This can negatively affect the financial benefits of using SMS text-message promotions.

Lastly, most cell phone service providers are capable of blocking all of your text-message offers if just one customer objects. This can cause serious issues if you have invested a great deal in developing or enlisting this service, only to find your promotional offers are not being delivered.

Last edited by Rewardster; 9th December 2014 at 01:52 PM.
Rewardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 09:51 AM   #19
RyanTC

Default SMS Marketing Benefits

I've got some information on the benefits of SMS marketing I wanted to share with you. This might help with your decision to move forward:
1) Instant Deliverability
2) Flexible Platform
3) Instant Opt-In and Opt-Out
4) High Open Rate
5) High Conversion Rate
6) Reliable
7) Short Messages
8) Cool Factor
9) Limitless Market Potential
10) Green

Old 15th December 2014, 04:19 AM   #20
erikathomson
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adison1 View Post
I don't clear this marketing. So please describe how it's benifits for our business.
You should read this to know all about SMS/Text marketing..
http://www.orderhive.com/need-know-text-marketing