Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th November 2013, 09:03 AM   #1
twhansbury

Default Personal Business Cards

I have business cards for the companies I work for however would like to have a card I can give out on personal and business not related to my job.

Any suggestions on info to include or layouts, some of my initial thoughts are below

-AQR code
-NFC/RFID
-email
-Phone
-LinkedIn
-Twitter

Old 18th November 2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Diane Seltzer

I think that sounds like a good idea - I have been thinking about building a card that pulls together all the sites that I manage (been also thinking about a website for them all too, but that's another story).

A while back I wrote a post on designing social media business cards. When you go to trade shows, events, etc. you still need something to hand out to people and I think the idea of adding your social media handles (or even a QR code like you suggested) would be a useful business card.

Here's my post on social media business cards:

http://www.sbmarketingtools.com/busi...edia-networks/

Old 13th December 2013, 11:58 AM   #3
SashaMike

Corporate - If you have meetings, seminars and conferences to attend - then by all means.

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2013, 04:10 AM   #4
Uzair Kharawala

moo.com do very good quality cards and would highly recommend them.

Old 21st December 2013, 06:33 AM   #5
SarahMiller01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Seltzer View Post
I think that sounds like a good idea - I have been thinking about building a card that pulls together all the sites that I manage (been also thinking about a website for them all too, but that's another story).
Not just sounds like a good idea but definitely a good one. Having that kind of business cards that has all the sites, is an effective way.

SarahMiller01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 04:39 AM   #6
qualitymatters

Business cards are excellent material for creating first impression. You can include your full contact details including mail id , phone number Facebook id and LinkedIn details. I think Including a QR code on your business card isn't going to make you look hip or cool. (Most people arenít actually going to ďdoĒ anything with your business card until they get in front of a computer or tablet. At that point, itís going to take just as much time for them to pull out their phone, waste time scanning a QR code, connect to the web, and check it out as it would for them to just type in your url.)

qualitymatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 10:47 AM   #7
OliviaH

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualitymatters View Post
Business cards are excellent material for creating first impression. You can include your full contact details including mail id , phone number Facebook id and LinkedIn details. I think Including a QR code on your business card isn't going to make you look hip or cool. (Most people arenít actually going to ďdoĒ anything with your business card until they get in front of a computer or tablet. At that point, itís going to take just as much time for them to pull out their phone, waste time scanning a QR code, connect to the web, and check it out as it would for them to just type in your url.)
Well said! The business card must include your detail and have excellent material for creating first impression.

OliviaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:33 AM   #8
pattersonsteve3

You can visit Fotosnipe to see 3D view of several online templates of business card available there or upload your to get it printed online.

Old 13th July 2015, 11:43 PM   #9
mike_smith
Banned

Default hi

you can also add the business information and offers that will help you to attract the clients.

mike_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 02:11 PM   #10
Comm Realtor

Less is more. Leave room for your name and phone number IN LARGE PRINT.

Comm Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote