Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd June 2010, 10:47 AM   #1
localconnex

Default Local Marketing Success Story- Interview With Jan-Pro Franchise Director

The following is an interview with Sean Hassan, Director of Unit Franchise Development of Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems of Raleigh. The interview, performed by Jill Solomon, Marketing and PR Manager of LocalConnex, gives insight into the importance of local search marketing and how it has helped his business succeed.

Tell me a little about what you do at Jan-Pro Raleigh-Durham.

I have been an owner of our territory since November 2005. I help develop Jan-Pro franchises and assist new owners in finding new clients, supplying them with equipment, and providing them with continued professional support on an ongoing basis.

What advice would you like to give to new franchise owners or owners who run small or medium sized businesses?

Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!

It is very important to not only provide your product or service to clients but to also develop and build relationships with them. You need to distinguish yourself from your competition by not only providing a quality service or product but also by giving your clients the attention they need and deserve.
Another piece of advice is that in order to build a successful business you need to put time, money and effort into it. Success does not happen overnight but the more you put into your business the more you will receive from it. Take the time to build a solid foundation for your business; it will pay off in the long run.

Prior to investing in online local search marketing, what forms of advertising were you doing to attract new franchise owners and new clients?

I had been advertising using newspaper ads, radio spots and signage at a local ballpark. I used to place ads in the newspaper 7 times a week and I did radio advertising 7 days a week. I always received some results from this form of advertising so I could justify the expense however the results I was receiving were not the results I was hoping for.

Why did you decide to invest in online local search marketing?

What really attracted me to online local search marketing was the fact that I could target who views my advertising. Jan-Pro is a commercial cleaning service and therefore I am interested in targeting commercial clients only. In addition, I am interested in attracting people who are actively looking to become a franchise owner.

The cost of online advertising is much lower than other advertising mediums. It also has been delivering the right results. I am getting fewer calls related to services I donít provide and more calls about the services we do provide. Similarly, the number of franchise presentations I conduct has decreased but the number of quality candidates has increased and my conversion rate has more than doubled.

Why did you choose to outsource your online marketing campaign to LocalConnex?

LocalConnex is dedicated to managing my online marketing campaign. The LocalConnex team is great about communicating with me and we have developed a great relationship built on respect and trust. They have been able to effectively deliver results and they have allowed me to spend more time taking care of my franchise owners and clients.

What have your results been so far?

Since starting my campaign back in December 2009 with LocalConnex, seven new Jan-Pro franchises have been bought and I have attracted four new clients for my franchise owners.

What advice would you give business owners looking to develop an online local search marketing campaign?

I highly recommend that when you establish a campaign that you set up a strong communication system to respond to any inquiries. Figure out how to get notifications and what the quickest way is to follow up with potential clients. People who make inquiries are usually very interested in your product or service, the longer you wait to get back to them, the more likely they are to continue down the list and contact one of your competitors.

localconnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th June 2011, 03:09 PM   #2
lw-daryljames

Good interview...here's the key statement: Success does not happen overnight. If all businesses understood this, I think there would be more online success.

lw-daryljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 02:13 AM   #3
seo-guy

The difficult thing about social-medial advertising, and actually any form advertising these days, it isnít adequate just to be present. A business in reality needs to be having more than just uproar their specials so as to get noticed, and produce and preserve a loyal following.
If youíve been contributing in social-media for a length of time, you recognize that the more friends that you pick-up on social-media applications like Twitter and Facebook , the more hard it is to offer your attention that they need so as to stay busy with your product.

seo-guy is offline   Reply With Quote