Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Direct Mail
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th October 2013, 11:43 AM   #1
titanlists

Default Direct Mail

I would like to get some feed back on what your thoughts are in regards to direct mail still being a useful marketing tool. With the increase of postage to continue how will the affect the overall market.

How many of you are actually using direct mail and getting a decent response from your efforts?

Thanks in advance for any feed back -

Your friends @ Titanlists

titanlists is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:41 AM   #2
Abhinandan Garg

Off Course, Still Direct Mail is One of The Best useful marketing tool. Not only one person But also millions user are using Direct Mail as online useful marketing tool.

Abhinandan Garg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 07:34 PM   #3
EasyCleanTO

I agree it's still a useful tool. It should be supplemented with other advertising methods of course, but is still extremely valuable.

Old 19th June 2014, 02:29 PM   #4
DirectMailMAX

Smile Direct Mail still works

Direct Mail is still a viable resource in the mix of advertising and marketing strategies that a small business must utilize. It should not be the only form of marketing that a business uses, but should be part of a total strategy. Direct Mail advertising, along with radio and online digital marketing tools can together strike a powerful note in getting the word out about your business. All forms of the advertising and marketing tactics should be interconnected and feed off each other. From social media to blogging to business listings to radio to website to direct mail print advertising...they should all lead one to another. It's the total package and branded representation of your physical business.

DirectMailMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:44 PM   #5
Eldar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectMailMAX View Post

Direct Mail is still a viable resource in the mix of advertising and marketing strategies that a small business must utilize. It should not be the only form of marketing that a business uses, but should be part of a total strategy. Direct Mail advertising, along with radio and online digital marketing tools can together strike a powerful note in getting the word out about your business. All forms of the advertising and marketing tactics should be interconnected and feed off each other. From social media to blogging to business listings to radio to website to direct mail print advertising...they should all lead one to another. It's the total package and branded representation of your physical business.
Agreed, a collaborative effort is always the way to go.

Eldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 03:10 AM   #6
atlanticenvs

Direct mail marketing is effective if you can use it that way.Try to do some innovative things.Use some custom printed envelopes with your company name and website nicely printed on it can really help.

atlanticenvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 11:48 PM   #7
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Default Direct Mail

As I know, direct mail is an effective marketing tool. If used carefully it can provide us the best results.

kdaniel171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 07:13 AM   #8
priyaprathap

Direct marketing is definetely a very good marketing tool. For direct marketing my services to my customers I have been using Bulkem an android app that can send bulk SMS and emails. The best part is that the app personalizes each message and sends them individually so I can send specific information to each customer. And because the app can send both SMS and emails I can choose either of the options for my direct marketing. I have been using the CSV module because it gives me more customization options. The app is available for download from the Google play store.

priyaprathap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 01:03 AM   #9
JBaker

Direct mail marketing is a very good form of advertising. Since this is an era when no one write letters anymore everyone will have a tendency to open the mail that reaches their hands just out of curiosity while the emails and SMSs will be deleted before they are even opened. Some wonít even reach the inbox because of the spam filters.
I own a small cake shop and I have associated with the TROI mailing service for its mail advertising. The target area was about 500 houses in our location and the response from them was amazing. I never felt like shifting to any other type of advertisement because there is absolutely no need for it.

JBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 11:02 AM   #10
Paul P

Direct mail is very effective if the right message goes to the right people.

I still create direct mail pieces for campaigns that mail in 500,000 batches. My
client says it is far too lucrative to stop doing.

If your piece is relevant and compelling, you can be quite successful.

Paul P is offline   Reply With Quote