Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th October 2011, 03:45 PM   #1
James Tallett

Default Web Site Building Without Programming Knowledge!

Beginners generally think that to create their own web site, they either need to learn programming or pay someone else. They also think that getting a web site is very expensive. Nothing is further from the truth!

Most people when wanting to get started will first do a google search and then go on to blog, forum and article sites trying to get inspiration on how to set up their web site and all they get confronted with, is talk about CSS, JavaScript, HTML, PHP, C++, BASIC etc. And the merits of one over the other. All this talk of learning complicated computer languages stops most beginners dead in their tracks. Which is a terrible waste and shame because a lot of people have great ideaís, if they could only get them on-line!

I have written a series of tutorials on how to create a website without any programming knowledge. Free to anyone who wants to receive them. They are called Web Raider and the series of tutorials goes through web site registration and hosting. How to create a page and/or a complete multi page site. Using graphics, colours, text, photographs, links, pay pal add to basket and check out functions, opt-in pages, squeeze pages, even music and videoís, how to easily upload from your computer to your site and much, much more. It is explained in easy, non technical terms every step of the way in minute detail, without using any programming language what so ever and itís FREE.

See my signature file for details.

You get both the eBook and newsletter absolutely FREE and there is no obligation for anything. You canít get cheaper than FREE! There are no catches.

I really do hope that it helps to get your business going, especially if you are a novice.

I hope this will be of use, because I know that the thought of programming stops most people at the first hurdle.
Best wishes,

James

Old 10th February 2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Phil Comforthos

Hi James,

I'm sure this will be really useful and will help out some people who want to get their business ideas up and running... but I have to add that a well designed and professional website which makes good and appropriate use of computing languages is worth learning to do, or paying someone else to do - because customers want to trust the websites they buy things from, and a website which looks low on quality might have products low in quality.

Phil Comforthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
bluerain

The thing to understand, and this applies to any aspect of your business, is:

If you can learn to do it WELL and save money, do it.

If you can't do it well, then you're going to hurt your business by doing so.

Websites and other advertising is at the top of the list of things this applies to. Your website is what potential customers/clients judge you by. When a possible client finds your site and takes a look, what they see there determines whether they will take the next step and contact you, or leave unimpressed and head to a competitor that looks professional.

If your site looks horrible, you're hurting your business - badly - and that can be the difference between success and failure. If your site looks like it was made in 1996, trust me, don't even put it up. Time and styles move fast on the internet.

bluerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 09:55 PM   #4
WebEminence

Actually, I think when people google "website design" and similar keywords these days, they find a lot of the website builders that allow people to more easily create their websites. Whether or not the website builders are easy or not is pretty subjective and their are a lot of opinions. The days of being scared of programming languages are long gone I think...unless you want to build a complex website. Then you should be scared of the programming languages and hire a professional.

The one "catch" to your free info is you have to give your contact info. I might just go ahead and do it to see what it is your offering. Thanks for the offer.

Old 14th March 2012, 12:44 PM   #5
SashaMike

I agree to an extent with you as well as Phil.

People who have spent years in getting education, specialization as well as have the practical experience are far far better than the ones who create in just one go. I'm not saying its bad. Its just that these newbies would take many years to develop their skills to come at par with the pros. But as the saying goes "time is money", you don't want to loose $ while you keep learning.

So a better approach would be to hire professionals for you to make money, and keep reading the tutorials to the "hands on experience".

What say you?

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote