Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th October 2014, 05:19 PM   #1
John James

Default Looking For Help With Marketing Ideas And A Tagline For My Inspection Business.

Hello,
I am in the process of launching my inspection business, Authority Inspections LLC. At this time I am working on the website, logo, tagline, marketing material, insurance, vehicle, etc. If everything goes as planned I will be up and running by the new year. Once business begins I will be focusing on home inspections, radon, mold, lead and termites. Eventually I want to expand the business to provide inspection services to anything that needs inspection. I've come up with a tagline, "Protecting your peace of mind". I think it plays well with the "Authority" in the company name as well as easing my clients peace of mind through an inspection. I would like to get some other ideas or critic from like minded individuals in the business world. Also, any ideas on marketing would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread and for any contribution you may have.

John James is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st October 2014, 09:34 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but developing strong relationships with local realtors and real estate companies would be an excellent step in marketing. Realtors can steer their clients to you for their home inspection services.

You might also consider marketing directly to homeowners -- that you'll do an inspection in advance of them putting their home on the market so they know what needs to be done to make their home as marketable as possible.

A good first expansion (and one that you might be able to implement very early on) of course would be to also do inspections of commercial buildings. They're just as subject to mold, termites, aged wiring and other hazards as homes are, and it's a natural extension of the home inspection service.

Also, home/office/warehouse inspections could be the kind of thing you market as a "preventive maintenance" type of thing -- you can come in an give the structure and its systems a once-over, tell the owner what sorts of issues you've found and help them develop a maintenance plan to fix any issues you note, even if they're not planning on selling. (Actually, especially if they're not planning on selling -- who wants to live or work in a run-down, dysfunctional house/office/warehouse/whatever?)

Just a few ideas off the top of my head...

--Torka

Old 21st October 2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Logan
Administrator

First impression on tagline ... I like it! Just my gut reaction. And I don't say that often. Welcome aboard, I think you are off to a great start with your idea!

Old 22nd October 2014, 09:00 AM   #4
John James

Thank you for the advice and also the compliments. I've been reading a lot of articles through different threads and there is a wealth of info here.

John James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 03:01 AM   #5
nationwidemea

How is it going so far John?

nationwidemea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 06:10 AM   #6
anond

In my opinion, the tagline "protecting your peace of mind" is a tad generic. There are a lot of businesses from several industries (insurance, security, etc.) who use similar taglines.

I think your tagline could refer to your specific line of business, at least tangentially.

Old 17th November 2015, 07:30 AM   #7
JGAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John James View Post
"Protecting your peace of mind".
How about:
"Protecting your American Dream"
"Protecting by Inspecting"
"Home Inspections with Authority" <-- I like this one best because it also uses a word from your business name.

Old 17th November 2015, 07:48 AM   #8
prandall

Default Some thoughts from a consumer

Hey John,

I have been through a number of inspections, enough to know the ones I liked and the ones I did not. Let me describe the second, third and fourth. They were not professional had very weak "lists" and the last skipped just about anything he could come up with an excuse to skip, all three used terms that where demeaning to me as the home owner.

These were all recommended by realtorís. They all left me angry and dis-satisfied. I felt as if their only concern was in not blocking the sale. It seems to be a conflict of interest.

The first was from House Masters, I contacted them directly and they had a great service. They had a standard form ( very detailed ) and the inspector did not skip anything. He gave me a copy of the inspection. The house was old and needed a great deal of repairs. I used that list for the next ten years as my todo. Now I keep it to remind myself of all I accomplished on that house.

I would never rehire the last three, the first I might just hire to get a new list for my new house.

I tell you all this to suggest the idea that your service doesn't necessarily have to be a fire and forget type service. If that check-list was online or on an App, in addition to my paper copy it may serve as a tool for referrals. Perhaps you could broker referrals to various services and contractors. Like what Torka was talking about in regards to the "Maintenance Plan"

Anyway, just my two cents, Good Luck

Old 13th December 2015, 07:20 PM   #9
PaulHyde

Hey John,
Marketing to realtors will be very advantageous for you. Throughout America, the majority of real estate firms have a weekly sales meeting about 9am Tuesday or Wednesday morning. These companies are always looking for an Appraiser, lender, home Inspector, etc to talk to their agents for a few minutes. Typically you would discuss how your company will reduce their liability and save them time. Some guest speakers bring, coffee or donuts for the office. By repeatedly getting in front of these realtors, you will become their trusted advisor. Also you may want to look into becoming a member of NASHI or NAHI.

Good luck.

PaulHyde is offline   Reply With Quote