Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st March 2013, 01:08 AM   #21
mmorpgs

If you don't know what content to put in a blog, why do you think you need one?

Usually a blog is made to host content of a certain niche/subject, or just about anything. It could be a mix of interests.

If you're doing a blog for affiliate / ecommerce reasons - stick to the subject/market, and provide unique, valuable information that people would want to link to.

mmorpgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st March 2013, 01:16 AM   #22
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartzer View Post
A good place to start would be Wordtracker's questions research:
https://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/keyword-questions

You can go to that site and put in a keyword (such as something related to your business or industry) and find questions that people are asking. Then, use the question as the title of the blog post and answer the question in your blog post.

You can also search Google News for various keywords--and find/report/comment on industry issues.
That site requires registration after entering a single keyword. Does it have an expiry on free usage?

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 03:37 AM   #23
[email protected]

It's worth considering your writing style too. There are tons of similar blogs on the net, so it's helpful if you put your own spin and experiences on your article.

We find the blogs that work best for us are the ones that give the reader advice or options and don't just tell a story.

If you're writing for other sites, it's worth considering the audience; so the articles we write for Micro business sites, don't tend to cover topics that would only apply to large corporate organisations.

Stuff like this is pretty good: http://blog.kissmetrics.com/5-digit-email-lists/

Old 21st March 2013, 09:25 AM   #24
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It's worth considering your writing style too. There are tons of similar blogs on the net, so it's helpful if you put your own spin and experiences on your article.

We find the blogs that work best for us are the ones that give the reader advice or options and don't just tell a story.

If you're writing for other sites, it's worth considering the audience; so the articles we write for Micro business sites, don't tend to cover topics that would only apply to large corporate organisations.

Stuff like this is pretty good: http://blog.kissmetrics.com/5-digit-email-lists/
The best is to write about things that you are an expert in. Who wants to read a blog article from some guy who just re-wrote something he found on the internet?

Old 11th December 2013, 11:27 PM   #25
jaysh4922

Title is most important part of the blog so create always eye catching title and create always unique content for your blog.

jaysh4922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2014, 07:28 AM   #26
Taviuss

Default thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devm5 View Post
Hi everybody, can any one help me regarding blog posting. I am very confused what to write in my blog(you can see in my signature) as it is all about machines & equipments like steel rolling mill machinery, plants, roller conveyor, sprockets, an so on.

It is very difficult for me to find some good ideas so that I can write some good blog posts on this blog. As I do not want to post something similar to what I have posted earlier.

Because of this the no of visitors have also decreased to my blog, as consistency has broken.

Any help/ideas please.

Many Thanks

It is not a problem to re-address a prior topic.

Especially if you have had the blog a long time... sometimes you have different angles on the same topic - it is all good if everything helps in some form.

Taviuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 06:53 PM   #27
BrandVox

This is tough one! I would say think up some topics that you can write more than 10 posts on ahead of time (I call these content pillars). Some ideas off the top of my head: Interviews (maybe of machinists, employees or major players in your industry), Educational (how ___ machine works and what it's used for) I will echo the advice above - do some research on what your target audience wants to know. Once you have your target market defined create personas to help you really understand who your are blogging for. This class might be really helpful: http://skl.sh/1i23PjJ

BrandVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 06:32 AM   #28
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taviuss View Post
It is not a problem to re-address a prior topic.

Especially if you have had the blog a long time... sometimes you have different angles on the same topic - it is all good if everything helps in some form.
What kind of audience is there? If there are avid readers then you could also announce that you'll be spacing them a little more apart. How often were you posting? One a week isn't a bad idea. That's a total of 4-5 a month. You could ask for some ideas from colleagues, or look around the web, and come up with something of your own.

Old 26th January 2014, 05:08 AM   #29
KidsAcademy

Default Find similar trending articles!

A common mistake is that you must always write about your company, the things you provide and services. It is your blog and you can write about anything! Sometimes, having a break in the norm and posting about something that maybe happening in your area is just as effective. If there is a large event happening near to your business, blog about it. People from the area will be searching for it on the internet and if your blog covers it, come to read and in turn learn about your company when they may not have known you before. Also, if you have been keyword targeting your geographical location, a blog post like that would help.

Happy writing!

KidsAcademy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 12:27 PM   #30
Taviuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBizsmart View Post
What kind of audience is there? If there are avid readers then you could also announce that you'll be spacing them a little more apart. How often were you posting? One a week isn't a bad idea. That's a total of 4-5 a month. You could ask for some ideas from colleagues, or look around the web, and come up with something of your own.
I think this depends on the amount of traffic you are looking for.

If you are doing it for fun, then sure.

If you want to really get seen, especially when you are starting out, you may want to post once a day!

Personally, I DO just that... I have HUNDREDS of posts, because I have sometimes done more than one blog in a day.

It is all about what you want to accomplish with though, ultimately.

Taviuss is offline   Reply With Quote