Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th December 2012, 05:54 AM   #1
devm5

Default What To Write In My Blog?

Hi everybody, can any one help me regarding blog posting. I am very confused what to write in my blog(you can see in my signature) as it is all about machines & equipments like steel rolling mill machinery, plants, roller conveyor, sprockets, an so on.

It is very difficult for me to find some good ideas so that I can write some good blog posts on this blog. As I do not want to post something similar to what I have posted earlier.

Because of this the no of visitors have also decreased to my blog, as consistency has broken.

Any help/ideas please.

Many Thanks

Old 31st December 2012, 02:22 PM   #2
bhartzer
VIP Contributor

A good place to start would be Wordtracker's questions research:
https://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/keyword-questions

You can go to that site and put in a keyword (such as something related to your business or industry) and find questions that people are asking. Then, use the question as the title of the blog post and answer the question in your blog post.

You can also search Google News for various keywords--and find/report/comment on industry issues.

Old 18th January 2013, 12:37 AM   #3
johnyindia

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartzer View Post

You can go to that site and put in a keyword (such as something related to your business or industry) and find questions that people are asking. Then, use the question as the title of the blog post and answer the question in your blog post.

You can also search Google News for various keywords--and find/report/comment on industry issues.
Many Thanks Bhartzer it looks really a good idea.

Thanks

johnyindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Jason NEFL

My business deals with disaster preparation, so I write about various incidents that occur and give people tips on how they can prepare for such things. I also post a monthly homework assignment and offer a prize to the first person/family who completes all the homework assignments for the year.

I guess what I'm saying is you can write about things that happen in your industry as well as come up with some sort of contest. The first idea is a way you can help people without them having to purchase something from you, and the second idea helps get people involved with your blog. You can also write about significant happenings with your business, such as a new item or service offered. In addition, perhaps you can offer a small rebate to be awarded randomly to anyone who posts responses in your blog during each month. So, if 20 people post in your blog in the month of January, you would award a prize to one of those 20 people.

Good luck!

Jason NEFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 09:19 AM   #5
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Also, don't worry about not repeating topics. Obviously, you don't want to write about the same thing over and over, but if it's been a few months since you wrote about a particular topic, you may be able to revisit it. I'm not talking about republishing essentially the same article -- you want to write something original -- but simply covering the same general topic.

I attended a webinar awhile back where the presenter shared that in his study of hundreds of business blogs, it turns out most visitors the the blogs are first-time visitors. Very few people actually subscribe and come back time and time again to business blogs. They find and article in search, they (possibly) read it and they move on.

Personal blogs are different -- people get wrapped up in the stories and characters -- but for business blogs you can probably safely assume the vast majority of your readers are first time visitors who never saw whatever earlier articles you may have written on that particular topic.

--Torka

Old 21st January 2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Logan
Administrator

It can be difficult and the above are some great suggestions. A couple ideas that come to my mind (1) Ask your audience/visitors/customers what they would like to hear about. (2) Provide updates based on what's new with the manufacturers you distribute for. For example, if one comes out with a new catalog or tool then spotlight it. Your manufacturer reps may be able to help keep you in the loop with this. When they contact you, or you place an order, ask what's new and then share that in your blog. (3) Ways to save money, improve safety, etc that you see other customers doing. Remember you are the expert resource and the value you provide with information can be an advantage over your competition.

I'd consider building an email newsletter, so when you do post to your blog, so you can get to your current customers and potential ones. Its a great way to ask for their feedback and suggestions.

Old 21st January 2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Sum Bookkeeper

I have someone who does my SEO and he researches what people are asking and searching for when it comes to my particular field and then I will write blogs based on those topics.
Do some searching. I guarantee you will have lots of information to blog. Good luck!!!

Sum Bookkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 02:10 PM   #8
akelclark3

If your goal is to entice visitors in the industry you mentioned then what you post about should largely be determined by the needs, wants, and interests of your audience.

Before you can truly know what to say you must know who you're saying it too. This may call for some research on your behalf but it's really as simple as visiting blogs and forums related to your industry. See what kind of questions people have, throw in your views, and voila.

My advice would be to make sure you have a clear idea of who you're targeting and go from there. There are other considerations but this is a great place to start.

I'd be interested in your progress. Keep me posted!

akelclark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 11:07 PM   #9
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartzer View Post

I use a similar approach and research commonly searched keywords as well. Also make sure that you write something engaging, rather than just something to fill up the space.

Old 7th February 2013, 11:42 AM   #10
bethw

If you are short of ideas about writing blog, why don't you hire professionals? You blog should contain content relating to your website, its product/ services, your target market etc. It should be unique and should have a personal touch.

bethw is offline   Reply With Quote