Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th May 2012, 05:22 PM   #1
creativesnaps

Default Ranking New Website To Page 1

Hi,

I thought I would share with you my story.

I started my photography website about 3 months a go and to be perfectly honest i did not have a clue about web design and SEO what is this.

And as of tonight I ranked my site page one on Google.co.uk and Google.com

So How did I do it - I would love to point you to some magic website or magic application and would love to take loads of or $ off you but there is no magic.

I used some tools to help me

1. Fiverr I used about 5 gigs

create an article then spin it and submit it to at least 20 article sites, I will then blast 5000 live blog comments to the articles to give you the best link wheel on fiverr

get you 270 EDU backlinks for your site from edu blogs

create 9 Angela links from PR9 2,0 Authority Sites DoFollow, AnchorText, Viewable, Verified, Panda Update Friendly

manually upload your video in Top 20+ Video uploading sites of PR 9 to 6

create A Powerful Wiki BackLink Pyramid with 300+ Wiki backlinks and 3,000+ Blog Backlinks to help push your site to the top

do Social bookmarking submission 200+ sites Including Top 50 sites Like stmbleupon, digg, delious, reditt etc

I would suggest no more than one fiverr gig a week, I am not saying they are the best just what I used.

I then while doing fiverr gigs I checked out my competition.

Alexa is the easiest tool I found www.alexa.com/
you put a website in and it shows you there top 100 backlinks if it good for them you may be able to make use of some of them too.

I did this for loads and loads of my competitors, I started with one backlink showing in Alexa i now have 78

I installed SEO Quake toolbar this is very useful when you find blog it will show you when you click on pencil tool if links are nofollow or dofollow

And I posted genuine comments - always read post first on every photography forum i could find and photography blog.

It has taken a lot of hard work and time spent but the results are there for everybody

I hope this helps to inspire somebody, I apologize for my bad grammar and ramblings, I just know how hard it is to start with and feels like an uphill struggle like climbing a mountain on you knees.

creativesnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:39 PM   #2
GMT

Congrats on your success, and I hope it continues. I've noticed since the recent Google updates though the old "honeymoon" period Google use to give to new domains to rank high before it decided where to put them is no more. Also it's become quite a bit harder to rank new domains high without spending months of work on it. That's why I recommend people buy old expired domains, making sure they aren't sandboxed or anything first though. Google also now punishes you seemingly harder in the past for new domains if you build backlinks too fast, I think the idea is if they cripple SEO enough then they can try and force people to buy adwords to rank high, as it's definitely not about "quality" like they claim.

GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 10:34 AM   #3
lray

most of those sounds pretty black hat/spammy to me. i'll be surprised if your ranking lasts long. the new google update is targeting sites using some of those tactics. you should also look into things like sitemaps, quality content, alt text for images, internal linking and other site architecture SEO practices.

Last edited by lray; 1st June 2012 at 10:36 AM.
lray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 05:56 AM   #4
Rayjak

What was the keyword phrase you used to check your page 1 rank with Google?

Rayjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 04:07 AM   #5
saovietxulynuoc

Default Ranking New Website To Page 1

Surely to be the number 1 at the SERPs is very wonderful, but I think it is the hard process taking for a long time it is very difficult to obtain in short time even not can.

saovietxulynuoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 10:47 AM   #6
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Well Its really nice. I never thought with this perspective, but I would like too.