Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Direct Mail
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd September 2007, 07:52 PM   #1
SuzanneR

Default Anybody Here A Direct Mailer In The Gourmet Food/cooking Industry?

I've got a marketing question....

SuzanneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:04 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Let us know your question and we'll get some responses here.

Old 3rd September 2007, 09:09 PM   #3
SuzanneR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Let us know your question and we'll get some responses here.
I'm working on an offer to write direct response copy for this industry and wanted to get some feedback on the type of writing samples they want to see.

I am going to have to do it from scratch because it's a new industry and a new genre of copywriting for me. I have primarily done business copy (brochures etc).

So...instead of stabbing in the dark, I thought I'd ask around. Including here--in case anyone is familiar with the industry.

SuzanneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Andrew Martin

I could maybe help you in providing you a list. Could you give me some more information on what your trying to target

Andrew Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:52 AM   #5
awestinc

Default Advantages of Using a Business Mailing List

One aspect of business that a lot of people tend to overlook is business to business trading or B2B. A great deal of people only believe that businesses trade with their customers, but this is not the case. All businesses need to get products and services from other businesses in order to trade smoothly and that is where using a business mailing list can come in very handy. A business mailing list is a list of businesses which is split into different categories, these categories then form the backbone of any mail out campaigns. Here are the advantages of using a business mailing list:
A business mailing list is categorised so it is easy to see which type of businesses can be included on various mail outs. This can save an awful lot of time for whoever is in charge of compiling and creating a direct mail out offer.
Buying a business mailing list is very easy, there are lots of different companies online who offer such services at a very reasonable price. Many of them will even offer different priced mailing lists depending on the businesses that you wish to contact using your business mailing list. But if you're you want to contact businesses who are in the catering trade, buy a business mailing list that is comprised of these types of businesses alone.
Using a business mailing list is a lot easier than trying to compile your own business database. Doing this alone can take months and even then there are plenty of businesses that can be missed out of the list. Getting a business mailing list sent direct to your PC is so easy and straightforward that you will see why so many businesses choose this option when they are trying to create a mailing list.
Many of the companies that offer different types of business mailing list may also offer you a free sample of the list so that you can get an indication of the quality and type of business that are contained on it. This try before you buy practice means that you'll be able to get to try out a business mailing list before you have to purchase it, so if you are not satisfied with what is contained on the list you do not have to continue with the transaction and go on to buy the list in full.
Business mailing lists are constantly updated which means that you do not have to check the validity and the accuracy of the business listings that are held on it. You can rest assured that all the names and addresses of the businesses are totally up to date and will get you the best results if you send a mail shot out to that business in particular.
As you can see there are many advantages to using a business mailing list and that is why so many businesses all around the world use these as their preferred method of contacting various businesses.

awestinc is offline   Reply With Quote