Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > eBay & Other Auctions & Marketplaces
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th February 2014, 05:40 AM   #1
Web Retailer

Post The World’s Top EBay Sellers

This article has stats and observations about the top 1,000 eBay sellers worldwide. Here's an excerpt:

Over 28% of the top 1,000 eBay sellers are serious cross-border traders – they are based in one country, and have a Premium (or Featured) eBay Store in another.

Of those, around half are in China with stores in the US. In fact, almost 15% of the top 1,000 eBay sellers are based in China with Premium eBay Stores in the USA! A further 110 sellers –11% – are based in China or Hong Kong and export to other countries in the West. So over a quarter of the top 1,000 eBay sellers are Chinese traders selling to the US, Europe and Australia.

Read more: http://www.webretailer.com/lean-comm...-ebay-sellers/

Old 11th February 2014, 03:42 AM   #2
Ashley Liu

Send a message via Skype™ to Ashley Liu
Default how to do trading in China?

I live in China. I have been thinking of starting my own business on trading. I am not worried about finding factories to produce the products here, more I concern about is looking for clients oversea.

guys, any ideas?

Ashley Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 03:13 AM   #3
chinadivision

Hi, Andy so glad to see you here. I am also a member of your site webretailer. Almost all of the top sellers have oversea warehouses or using order fulfillment services

chinadivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 08:02 AM   #4
Ackee

Very interesting article

Ackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 09:24 PM   #5
NeilD

Interesting stuff, I wonder how much of this is influenced by international postage rates.

In Australia the Australian postal service has given the Chinese online sellers a major advantage over local sellers by giving them significantly lower postage rates (when the items are posted in to Australia from China). What this effectively means is that they can sell items with free postage for less than it would cost a local seller just to ship the item.