Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st December 2008, 09:41 AM   #21
Tom Lindstrom
VIP Contributor

For a online business, I would go with blogging and creating useful and interesting content.Blogs get indexed usually quickly by the search engines.The best ways to market a blog online are free, so using blog commenting, social media sites, MyBlogLog and Blogcatalog on a daily basis would boost your traffic quickly.

Tom Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st December 2008, 02:44 PM   #22
simonr

Send a message via Skype™ to simonr

Don't forget thought that although blogs get indexed quickly the (vast?) majority of them won't do anything for you inbound link count as things like WORDPRESS have NOFOLLOW by default. I've turned NOFOLLOW off on mine because if people have something valuable to say I don't see why they shouldn't get some link-love out of it... but I'm the minority, I think.

S

PS: don't infer from this that think it's a good idea to go around other people's blogs commenting just for the sake of the backlink!

Old 1st December 2008, 02:46 PM   #23
simonr

Send a message via Skype™ to simonr

Don't forget thought that although blogs get indexed quickly the (vast?) majority of them won't do anything for you inbound link count as things like WORDPRESS have NOFOLLOW by default. I've turned NOFOLLOW off on mine because if people have something valuable to say I don't see why they shouldn't get some link-love out of it... but I'm the minority, I think.

S

PS: don't infer from this that think it's a good idea to go around other people's blogs commenting just for the sake of the backlink!

Old 2nd December 2008, 03:41 AM   #24
adeptsupport

Outsource some of the job, patch other outsourcing company to do the marketing for you. Outsourcing can save any business a lot of money. Some major providers such as Capital Typing offer rates as as low as $10 per hour - and don't forget that there is no worker's comp when you outsource.
What's more, you get more versatility, and better quality results.

adeptsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:58 AM   #25
tobygriffin

There are many ways and practical guidelines that can help you start a home business right away. These can help you to succeed. First, you should know that a home based business that has a high start up cost would take longer time to see profit. Time is essential for home businesses so we need to cut the time for your business to be profitable.

tobygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 04:17 AM   #26
Sammy02

Hi,

Another opportunity for starting an online business by writing an article for other websites. If you love to write, here is your chance to make this opportunity profitable for you. You will just write articles on different subjects or topics. In this way, the website that needs the article can pay you.

Sammy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 04:51 AM   #27
theieu

We have been doing various ways to promote out site, such as joining many different social marketing site, bookmarking, forum related to our services and blogging.

theieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 02:17 AM   #28
JCWHong

Here are some ways that you can use to generate more traffic to your site:

1. Article marketing (write articles and submit them to directories like EzineArticles.com)
2. Video marketing (post videos on YouTube and drive traffic to your site)
3. Social Media marketing (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn)
4. Press Releases
5. Forum marketing
6. Create a blog and post CONSISTENTLY
7. Create your own radio show on Blog Talk Radio

Hope these help!

JCWHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 03:35 PM   #29
kimz

Default Inbound links vs. reciprocal links

Ok, so backlinking is great - but what about reciprocal links? How effective are they compared to backlinks?

kimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 04:29 PM   #30
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Reciprocal links are backlinks. Any link that points to your page from another page is a backlink.

There are those who try to claim that reciprocal links are somehow devalued or even penalized. I'm as certain as you can be about anything related to the search engine algorithm that this is not true.

Even in their webmaster guidelines, Google only warns against "excessive" interlinking. There is nothing wrong with normal reciprocal linking arrangements, and I've never seen any credible evidence that links exchanged between high quality pages count for any less than non-reciprocal links.

--Torka