Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st February 2006, 11:36 AM   #11
Anita

Send a message via AIM to Anita Send a message via Yahoo to Anita Send a message via Skype™ to Anita
Thumbs up Excellent insights!

This is a terrifically helpful post. Where else can you get such quick incisive critiquing of business products? Or recommendations to products without the huge advertising budgets behind them, that you might never have heard of except for someone mentioning them here?

I'd love to hear more about which software products readers would recommend.

Keep 'em coming!

Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th March 2006, 02:27 PM   #12
MaidPatrol

Default The best field service software i have ever seen and used.

For any of you small business owners who own and operate field service companies, i.e. maid service, hvac, pc repair, janitorial, etc. I purchase a software called ServiceCEO which integrates with QuickBooks. This software has changed my business for the better and I am seeing profits I thought I never would. ServiceCEO handles, my client base, scheduling of teams, billing, invoicing, credit card processing and so much more. I own a residential cleaning business and without this software I would still be a small 3 person company with less than 100 clients. You can check out the software at www.insightdirect.com. Be ready to pay around $2500.00 for the software but, keep in mind that I saw an ROI within 3 weeks of using the software properly.

Best wishes,

Maid Patrol Inc.

MaidPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 07:38 AM   #13
The Monkey

Hi,

After 12 years of writing business software for other organizations, we've just release our own software that can be used for managing a small business. We've also posted a series of articles that will give people something to think about when deciding which software package will be most suited to their needs. You are most welcome to have a look.

Last edited by The Monkey; 16th August 2006 at 04:39 AM.
The Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 02:40 PM   #14
QiSoftware

Microsoft Office User.

Q...

QiSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 06:49 PM   #15
Kregg

Default Business software recommendations

Hi,

I see a lot of people have already recommended QuickBooks, which is a great start. We use the online version and it is perfect for our needs.

But no one has mentioned anything about how to keep track of your leads, customers, activities, and sales opportunities.

No business is complete without a good way to manage the sales activity and keep track of your valuable customer information.

You may want to look into Contact Management or Customer Relationship Management solutions to round out your technology platform. Some recommendations:

For the Desk top: If you are one person company and/or don't need to access your customer information from the road, ACT! and Goldmine are the market leaders.

Web based: If you are independently wealthy or just like to spend way too much money than you need to, try salesforce.com.

If you are a programmer and like to write your code to get what you need from a software package, try Sugar CRM.

Good Luck,
Kregg

Kregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 06:28 PM   #16
Amad Ebrahimi

I'm surprised nobody has recommended XERO. Definitely worth a look.

Amad Ebrahimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 05:47 AM   #17
dsekar

I encourage you. Hope you are doing well. I recommend you to Apptivo. They can assist for small business and enterprises.

dsekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 04:01 AM   #18
Awenthomas

Hi,
As per my opinion, QuickBooks is the best alternative for you. It offers both desktop and online version. You can select one over the other according to your business needs. It has a broad range of features for all kinds of small businesses.
Thanks!!

Awenthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:40 AM   #19
Brooke.Harper

You can use Quickbooks and to help you keep tabs and organize your data, you can sync the tool with your CRM and your phone system using Tenfold. This allows you to access all the relevant data you need to work on under a single unified interface. No data gets lost, hence, you only use accurate data. Cheers!

Old 12th July 2019, 02:55 AM   #20
Kartik

Great to see such number of QuickBooks fans! I am also a user of QB since long now but what I did is took my QuickBooks desktop to the cloud. QuickBooks Cloud Hosting solution has eased the way I do my work significantly. Along with invoicing, advanced reporting, tracking bills & expenses, the cloud solution comes to help at multi-user collaboration with my team along with real-time access to all sales, income, invoices, etc. Also, the thought of accessing my excel work files while traveling is what makes it an efficient solution.

I would thoroughly recommend QuickBooks users to upgrade their services and give a try to hosting.

Hope it helps!

Kartik is offline   Reply With Quote