No matter you try to market your business online or offline, hope these tips can give you some helps and inspirations.
-- be creative, that will differentiate you from others (this tip is extremely helpful for small or medium size businesses)
Most of people may go and run an advertisement on newspaper, radio or TV for their businesses, their products or services. So how can you be exceptional, assume you also followed their footsteps, to run an advertisement on newspaper, and use the similar format and language. As a result, the customers get confused on who they want to pick up, because there is no much difference between you and your competitors. assume you have three competitors, every one of you shares the opportunity to be picked up by that certain customer, so you have 25% chance of winning, and on other side, you get 75% of chance to lose this customer.(especially if the price gap is not very high in your industry, the customers do not even bother to ring up everyone of you to find out the best price.)
So how to be creative to differentiate yourself from others??
I can not give one best way to handle all the situations, it really depends, and there is plenty of way to do so. Because there is no principle and limitation to creativity. But I can make some general points to make it clearer:
---pictures (in some cases)
---consider the emotional side of customers
Not everyone is price shopper, there are many other factors drive people's shopping behaviors, such as quality of products/services, guarantee etc. but let me remain you, there is one important hidden factor that drives human behaviors...EMOTION.
I am a psychologist (although not a professional one), I can see this secret all the time, donít know whether I should call it ďsecretĒ, indeed, itís all from the human ourselves, but most of people just could not see it.
Ok, ok, gone too far, letís come back. How to discover the emotion of customers, sounds like a professional question. But donít worry, you donít have to think that deeply, just let your thoughts go a little bit further, again there is no one best way to handle all situations, but general points here:
Think about nature of your products/services, and who are your targeted group, itís men, women or children, and their age group etc (get to know your customers), where and when they will need your products/service
There are many ways to blow their emotions. Such as contents of your ad, and colors you use to make up your shop or productsÖ.if you have an idea comes out of your head, use it and act on it! Do not restrict your talent by the tradition!
Oh, itís too late now (1:00am), and this post was already long enough. Those above are just some general tips I want to share with you guys (although I donít quite like to make general points, I prefer more specific one), feel free to send me an email (my email address= [email protected]
) to tell me your successful story or your problems, or whatever you like to talk about your business, I try to give some specific help or advices on some cases, do not be upset if you donít get my reply (or donít get it on time), itís just out of my capacity to reply hundreds of email every day. Also welcome to point out the weaknesses of my tips or suggestions if you feel there is any. I really like to learn from you! Let us grow together.
I will try to post up other tips I can think of, but probably not on this forum, I found it extremely slow to open (maybe due to my slow internet speed), in that case, I may post on other forum. Donít worry if you could not find my other tips, just email me a greeting and tell me you want to see my other posts, I will be really happy to send them to you together with some marketing materials that I collect from mentors and friends, (if I still can find them in my computer).