Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th August 2009, 01:56 AM   #1
Saloma90

Default I Want To Start My Own Online Business...

i want to start my own online business in a few months and now im just trying to figure out what should i do? i do want anything that would help scam people, i just want a good idea where me and others can benefit from, can anyone help me

Saloma90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd August 2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Marykate

I'm in the same boat, not sure what to start

Marykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 02:34 PM   #3
eGlobeRC

While I don't necessarily have ideas for you, a crucial question to ask yourself during your reflections is, "What value does my service/product create for the potential consumer?" Additionally, you must understand that business principles as they are established are just as important for "online" business as brick-and-mortar businesses.

eGlobeRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 03:49 AM   #4
kriedk

Default Wet your feet

Why don't you start with an affiliate company, who will guide you through what you need to start a business with them and once you have mastered it and are earning some residual income move on to your own business.
Feel free to try my affiliate it is FREE, they do not ask for any money.

kriedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Collabora

What's your normal line of work? Do you have any hobbies? Are you an expert at anything? I think your product or service will be found in the answer to one of those questions.

Collabora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:38 PM   #6
alex27

Send a message via Yahoo to alex27

Think first what are you into, like your hobbies or what do you do in life, what is your interest. Plan it. It depends to your budget too.

alex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 04:03 PM   #7
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

Be warned that it is going to take massive amounts of effort for minimal success, so with that being said make sure you enjoy whatever it is you decide on, the idea of using a hobby etc as a basis for your business is a good one cause it will come across in your writing articles etc, and because you're going to be working with it constantly till you give up or are so successful you can hire help lol...

One more quick word of advice, with service providers/wholesalers/etc. especially if you find them online, if they sound too good to be true your safer walking away than risking it. My own mother lost nearly 7k in an online business scam by a company claiming they could have doubled her money in less than a year if she followed their steps...needless to say it didn't work. She's always been skeptical of too easy schemes and they managed to reel her in so watch out.

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 03:08 AM   #8
mikemark

In start reselling products or sell with affiliate programs so that you can have idea of online marketing.........

mikemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 07:10 AM   #9
Hadwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saloma90 View Post
i want to start my own online business in a few months and now im just trying to figure out what should i do? i do want anything that would help scam people, i just want a good idea where me and others can benefit from, can anyone help me
Congrats!!
I wish all the very best my dear. In most of the businesses field marketing plays a vital role to get success.
Good luck...

Hadwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:48 AM   #10
zmonique2007
VIP Contributor

Make a plan and write it up. Business plans can help save you the trouble of pursuing a futile venture because they are designed to help you analyze your business idea.

zmonique2007 is offline   Reply With Quote