Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th March 2015, 08:21 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Three Strategies Successful Entrepreneurs Use For Business Success

These days many people from all walks of life are getting interested in leaving their jobs and pursuing their business dreams. If you have the will and desire to start your own business you should know that beginning to think and act like an entrepreneur is the first step to bring your vision to fruition. With that thought in mind, remember that there are a plethora of success habits that entrepreneurs need to cultivate in order to ensure that they are successful at becoming an entrepreneur and a businessman. Here are three characteristics of a successful entrepreneur:

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...iness-success/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th March 2015, 08:56 PM   #2
Spider
VIP Contributor

I don't want to be mean, Harry, but I'd be a lot more interested in your opinion on the subject than reading an article.

Let's get some discussion going in this discussion forum, eh?

What do you think about the three strategies mentioned?

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 07:05 AM   #3
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

The article strategy worked! It got you engaged in the conversation.

Spider, what are your opinions on these strategies? Do you have more details on one or all? Which, if any, do you prefer? Have you used them in a different way?

I was thinking a great strategy would be to combine them all (with even more), for a business culture. Why improve only yourself? Why be good when you can be great?

How about a daily exercise program? Help your employees by reimbursing them for a membership to an industry related association that certifies or trains in areas your business may be underutilizing.

DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 07:34 AM   #4
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Spider - Not sure what you are trying to achieve here. I have stated my opinion in the article. You have to read the article first in order to engage in conversation. We cannot start it by just exchanging thoughts in the comments. I have already mentioned the ideas for entrepreneurial success, which are to improve yourself first, network with others and invest in hiring best employees.

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 12:01 PM   #5
Spider
VIP Contributor

I did not read the article. This is a discussion forum, so I come here to discuss. It is a business discussion forum so I come to discuss business. I think that is what most people come for.

What I am trying to achieve, Harry, is conversation, discussion, relationship development. I'm sure your article is very good, but reading articles is not why I am a member.

Old 10th March 2015, 12:32 PM   #6
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

Three different objectives with three different expectations means this forum can be used in many ways. An article can be a tool for traffic and links. It can be a seed for growing discussions. Comments, suggestions and questions can lead to business and personal contacts/relationships or simply helpful information for anyone's use.

Old 10th March 2015, 07:04 PM   #7
Spider
VIP Contributor

I agree that this forum can be used in many different ways. The Original Post in this thread was about the "plethora of success habits that entrepreneurs need to cultivate in order to ensure that they are successful."

What, in your opinion, are the most important habits for entrepreneurs to achieve success, and why?

I think one of the most important habits is to always think big.

I often hear of SMART goals. The proponent of this idea will talk of goals that are S.M.A.R.T.

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Timely

To me, that is a recipe for mediocrity. And mediocrity is not what entrepreneurs create. Entrepreneurs create GIANT results using G.I.A.N.T. goals --

Grand
Inspiring
Awesome
Noble
Thrilling

I call them "Over The Horizon" goals. Goals so big, you cannot see how you will accomplish them. Goals so big they inspire everyone who hears about them. Goals so big that everyone is in awe at how you could have the guts to even attempt them. Goals so big they are grand and noble and thrill you to the core to even consider them.

If your goals don't make you feel excited and scared at the same time, you could use some new goals.

Entrepreneurs don't create mediocrity, they make waves!

What is your opinion?

Old 10th March 2015, 08:55 PM   #8
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

Can you share some examples of GIANT goals?
Not being a successful entrepreneur, I would view the GIANT acronym as long & medium term goals and the SMART acronym as short term goals. I believe you need all. In order to be a GIANT you must be SMART. My rookie POV.

Old 11th March 2015, 05:23 PM   #9
Spider
VIP Contributor

I know someone who wanted to be a professional speaker. He was okay with his subjects but still too nervous on stage. He set himself some goals, the first of which was to get a job with a professional speaker. He got a job with one of the top speakers of the day and asked him how he became so relaxed and confident on stage. The pro told him - "Practice! Just do it, and when you have been on stage in front of people enough times you will be relaxed and comfortable."

When asked how many times is enough times? the pro said, Maybe 100 speeches. I spoke two or three times a month for 3 or 4 years before I felt relaxed on stage.

My friend was the impatient sort and certainly attuned to GIANT goals. He set himself the task of speaking to groups of people at least once a DAY and more when he could arrange it. Inside 3 months, he had achieved his 100 speeches and presentations, and is today one of the most competent stage speakers of all time.

Giant goals - massive action.

Old 11th March 2015, 05:26 PM   #10
Spider
VIP Contributor

Here's another true story I love to tell that is a classic case of Over-the-Horizon" goals --

Wilma was born with polio. As a baby she could barely use her left leg. Then, before she was four, she caught pneumonia and scarlet fever. At five, Wilma was fitted with a steel brace, which she wore for the next six years. At eleven, she was able to take off the brace and start to walk, unsteadily, on her own.

Then she got the incredible idea that she would become a runner -- the greatest female runner in the world!

At age thirteen Wilma entered her first race. She came in last, of course. But she was too stubborn to give up. So, she entered many other races. Every race they had. And in every race she came last. People felt sorry for her and tried to discourage her.

But she didn't give up and one day she came in next to last. And then came the day when she actually won a race.

During her sophomore year, Wilma entered her first major track meet at Alabama's Tuskegee Institute. And she lost every race again. These losses convinced her that if she wanted to be successful, she would need proper coaching. Edward Temple, the track coach at Tennessee State, invited Wilma to training camp at the university. She ran twenty miles a day and used cross-country training to build endurance. At the end of the summer Temple took his team to the NAAU contest in Philadelphia. This time Wilma won all nine races she entered!

In 1956 Wilma attended the Olympic Games in Melbourne, Australia, but was eliminated from the 200 meter. She vowed to return and win medals.

In 1960 she qualified again for the Olympic team in the 100 meter, 200 meter, and relay events. At the Olympic Games in Rome, Wilma Rudolph - the "Black Gazela" - became the first American woman to win three gold medals. Her dreams had come true - she became the greatest female runner in the world!

Do you think little polio-stricken Wilma Rudolph would have done that if her goals were Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely?

If you want GIANT accomplishments, you must have G.I.A.N.T. goals! ...Grand, Inspiring, Awesome, Noble, Thrilling and out-of-this-world goals!