Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd October 2016, 10:38 PM   #11
Vida Rinaldi

Both platforms are useful and important. Though Google ads can reach a wide array of viewers while Facebook allows you to target only specific users based on their interests. I think, some are correct here, it will depend on the type of business you have.

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th October 2016, 07:26 AM   #12
LrenceM

Both are beneficial if you do it right. However, for more conversion Google adwords still the best I guess but I don't get tons of conversion still.

LrenceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 10:48 PM   #13
Williams Reus

Run ads google requires you to have a huge budget, but please use facebook ads, facebook is a huge market and the cost of running ads that are not too high

Williams Reus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 10:54 PM   #14
MelissaForziat

There is no one answer that is right for every business. Both Facebook and Google advertising are really tricky. I find that Facebook advertising tends to be best for warming leads. It may take a fair amount of budget and time to see returns. I have seen Google advertising work the best for companies that are selling very specific products with low competition in their own market. Google advertising can be a great tool to drive traffic to your site, though, which can help boost your search ranking - eventually you start to get more traffic form organic searches. My point: it could be the case that neither Facebook nor Google advertising is right for your business. I would back up and ask who your target market is, where your target market is, and then I would encourage you to find the options that put you in front of your target market.

MelissaForziat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 05:23 AM   #15
Rob Schneider

I have been posting on G+ for a year now and on facebook also and i found both useful.

Rob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 08:12 AM   #16
New_Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaForziat View Post
There is no one answer that is right for every business. Both Facebook and Google advertising are really tricky. I find that Facebook advertising tends to be best for warming leads. It may take a fair amount of budget and time to see returns. I have seen Google advertising work the best for companies that are selling very specific products with low competition in their own market. Google advertising can be a great tool to drive traffic to your site, though, which can help boost your search ranking - eventually you start to get more traffic form organic searches. My point: it could be the case that neither Facebook nor Google advertising is right for your business. I would back up and ask who your target market is, where your target market is, and then I would encourage you to find the options that put you in front of your target market.
In my experience Facebook has been the clear cut best alternative. Of course that could be because of the product we are selling, and the added option of having a dialouge with our customers via Facebook.

Getting relevant KW in Google in my business is both hard work and quite expensive. Even long-tail KW come at quite a price, so in my humble mind the business gets more bang for the buck via FB.

So I agree with your sentiment that it all depends on the type of business and the target group(s) that goes along with it.

New_Year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 11:43 AM   #17
Darrel

Google Ad's will run your bill up quicker than you can imagine! I suggest Facebook ads for one of two purposes. To test whether an ad will convert, or if you are looking to go on as low a budget as possible.

P.s. Along with both Google and Facebook, depending on the type of business you are in, take a look at instagram Add's!

Darrel is offline   Reply With Quote