Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th April 2009, 08:27 PM   #1
dreamsfloatjoe

Question Two Of My Blogs (?) ...

Taking a suggestion from one of the many fine articles/posts that I have read here thus far about 'Blogs/Blogging', here are the url's for two of my blog's (high priorities):

Anchors Aweigh Charters Blog

Ye Ole Pirate Fishing Charters Blog

The purpose of this request is that youse gals and guys may critique, comment or suggest ideas/ways for me to improve my 'blogging' here in this thread.

I have many stories, ideas, photos to blog with almost on a daily basis. However, my issue is time and I'm too tired most nights to enter a blog entry/post. I have to get better with this. I was thinking initially I would blog once a month. After reading posts here, the recommendations are to attempt to post a blog entry at least twice a week. Yikes! Wait to see.

Thank you for freely giving of your time and helping this 'student' learn something new to him. Now, I am going back to read some more posts here about blogging as long as my eyelids stay open this evening.

Questions/Comments?

This has all the hallmarks of being one long hot summer!

Note: Admin/mods, hope this type of request is allowed here.

Respectfully and Gratefully,

dreamsfloatjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd April 2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Aye Joe, I can understand your delimma of not being able to blog a lot ... especially when you are out on a boat. I know your new to this, but are you familiar with twitter. I would consider maybe using that instead of blogging, then post short updates via text messages to keep your friends involved in what you are doing. Its quick and easy.

I'd suggest doing a search of this forum for "twitter" to read others threads about it. I also was reading this news article the other day which talks about how some restaurants are using it to keep in touch with their customers.

Eyeing diners, restaurants take to Twitter

While that is specific to restaurants, maybe you could do something similar for your charter service to keep in touch with all.

Old 22nd April 2009, 07:32 PM   #3
dreamsfloatjoe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Aye Joe, I can understand your delimma of not being able to blog a lot ... especially when you are out on a boat. I know your new to this, but are you familiar with twitter. I would consider maybe using that instead of blogging, then post short updates via text messages to keep your friends involved in what you are doing. Its quick and easy.

I'd suggest doing a search of this forum for "twitter" to read others threads about it. I also was reading this news article the other day which talks about how some restaurants are using it to keep in touch with their customers.

Eyeing diners, restaurants take to Twitter

While that is specific to restaurants, maybe you could do something similar for your charter service to keep in touch with all.
Logan reads to me like a great idea! I will check into it. Thanks for the Twitter recommendations, your suggestions and links.

Twitter update ? ... how do I post pictures, camera cell fone? ... thinking all this new to me stuff through. We have been discussing the possibility of a live streaming video covage via a web cam set up of some sort to ur website. There will be a follow up, possible testing during this upcoming winter season. FWIW: drives me nuts when 'stuff' does not work. Lots of testing before putting into real life.

Discussion based on my personal experience: I have lost three cell fones overboard. They don't float. 'glub' glub' glub' bye bye cell fone.

K, now I wear a cell fone holder strap like thing, hand made by me (similar to holding sunglasses) around my neck while aboard and fishing. That issue solved.

Major issue, I can't seem to overcome, lost of cell fone coverage. Off shore no signal at all, after about 4 miles out. In/near shore, for whatever reason, sometimes I have a signal, sometimes at someplaces I do and at other times I don't. Major issue: I don't think Captain Steve is going to drive the boat around to find a spot to fish that has cell fone coverage, meaning me, myself, I and my cell fone would be thrown overboard.

However, this fall, after the summer season rush, crazyeeness and madness ends, more discussion as to how to. At least I hope to be able to talk about the possibilities with some sense of knowledge.

I'll create the time to read and study your recommendations.

Example, this evening, I feel exhausted, its all good, just physical tiredness. It's 8:30 PM here and I' still awake, hooray! laughing
As of me typing this my dance card is full daily through May 19, 2009 already.

Again, thanks for all your help Logan. I shall return!

dreamsfloatjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 08:52 PM   #4
Logan
Administrator

You can upload your photos to a photo sharing site and then post the url to that in twitter when you add pictures, so others can view them. You could do video too, by posting to YouTube.

I'm not sure how to get around your coverage issue, maybe a satellite option is available or just do it when on shore. Maybe right before leaving and getting back. Then you can take pictures along the way and enjoy the trip too

Have a good week Joe, keep at it!!