Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:38 PM   #1
chrisebennett
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default What Other Social Media Tools Do You Use For Your Business?

(Newbie)

All industries please chime in!

Everyone uses Twitter, Facebook, and Yelp when they can. But what else do you use and what tool do you find fits your type of business best? For example, photographers must love Flickr. But what else do you love? Restaurants love (maybe hate) Yelp and OpenTable, but whatelse?

Thanks!
Chris

Disclosure: I am starting Central.ly, a website that helps small businesses organize their presence on the web. We want to help you bring put your Yelp, Facebook, and Twitter page all in one place to improve sales and your brand image.

chrisebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th March 2011, 05:01 PM   #2
dan lipsky
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisebennett View Post
(Newbie)

Disclosure: I am starting Central.ly, a website that helps small businesses organize their presence on the web. We want to help you bring put your Yelp, Facebook, and Twitter page all in one place to improve sales and your brand image. Check it out and reserve your business name before it's gone.
Hi Chris,

I use twitter, facebook, linkedin, and myspace mostly but I'm not that great at social media marketing to tell you the truth. I'm still having problems wrapping my head around the social media craze. I think a site that can organize most aspects of social media would be awesome. I'll check it out when your done.

facebook dan lipsky

dan lipsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2011, 12:54 AM   #3
chrisebennett
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan lipsky View Post
Hi Chris,

I use twitter, facebook, linkedin, and myspace mostly but I'm not that great at social media marketing to tell you the truth. I'm still having problems wrapping my head around the social media craze. I think a site that can organize most aspects of social media would be awesome. I'll check it out when your done.

facebook dan lipsky
Totally feel you Dan. It can be very confusing.

What do you think has been the best tool for you?

chrisebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Logan
Administrator
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8,047
Default

Hi Chris, I'm curious from your point of view are forums considered part of social media

Welcome aboard

__________________
Search Engine Guide - Small Business Guide to Search Marketing
Small Business Brief - Small Business Ideas Forum, Articles & News
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 01:01 PM   #5
chrisebennett
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDale View Post
I am using Facebook for Social media promotion. I like Facebook due to it's popularity and PR. I have tried twitter, SU and many more. But I got maximum conversion from only Facebook.
Awesome. What would you say your favorite feature of Facebook is? The Likes? The fact that you can befriend other organizations?

I personally like the engagement factor. The fact that people can have discussions about your organization on your page.

chrisebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 01:03 PM   #6
chrisebennett
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hi Chris, I'm curious from your point of view are forums considered part of social media

Welcome aboard
Thanks Logan!

Definitely. A lot of social media tools we use rely heavily on the forum structure... like Facebook and Quora for example. I would say that forums helped spawn a lot of the social media tools we use today.

chrisebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 08:16 PM   #7
JBS Printing
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Twitter at this point is my favorite, Simply because it's easy to use on my mobile. Facebook is great if you have a fanpage, but using just your profile can be tricky unless you have well defined lists made (friends, prospects, clients, etc.).

I also like ning communities as well.

JBS Printing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 09:18 AM   #8
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor
 
oldbuddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 151
Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy
Default

My all time favorite Social Media is YouTube, but I also get good results from smaller communities that pay for activity. They attract people interested in earning online be definition, so I get referrals from those who become frustrated when they don't make enough and need something better.

__________________
A simple turnkey business you can own.
http://OneDollarBox.com/
oldbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 09:40 AM   #9
chrisebennett
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS Printing View Post
Twitter at this point is my favorite, Simply because it's easy to use on my mobile. Facebook is great if you have a fanpage, but using just your profile can be tricky unless you have well defined lists made (friends, prospects, clients, etc.).

I also like ning communities as well.
Good point. I think building a facebook page is great to allow people within your network to engage around you. Twitter is great for broadcasting information.

chrisebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 09:40 AM   #10
chrisebennett
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbuddy View Post
My all time favorite Social Media is YouTube, but I also get good results from smaller communities that pay for activity. They attract people interested in earning online be definition, so I get referrals from those who become frustrated when they don't make enough and need something better.
So how do people share YouTube videos virally? Are likes very helpful?

chrisebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   

Bookmarks


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top 12 Reasons Of Business Failure At Social Media At 2011 alexandrabrian Social Media 3 26th January 2016 09:14 PM
Men, When Marketing to Women, Social Media Rules? Literally Small Business Brief Small Business Brief Archives 0 23rd April 2010 01:20 PM
How Promise Pizza Made Social Media Pay Off Small Business Brief Small Business Brief Archives 0 1st April 2010 10:51 AM
Social Media Lead Generation For Contractors WEBINAR On Jan. 12 @ 12 P.m. Est Alyssa Gagen Small Business Conferences, Seminars & Webinars 0 5th January 2010 01:31 PM
Business Intelligence Tools For Small Business Robert_us Small Business Finance 0 30th July 2009 12:39 AM



Thread Tools

Get Updates
RSS Feeds:
RSS Feed for Social Media RSS for this Category Only: Social Media

RSS Feed for Small Business Ideas Forum RSS for Entire Forum
Forum Rules


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Small Business Ideas Forum


 
At Your Business - Small Business Directory
Free Business Forms - Prewritten Documents
 
Search Engine Guide
Small business guide to search marketing

 
Small Business Brief
Fetching the Best Small Business Info


Used Values - Free Links
Blue Book





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018 - Privacy