Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd March 2011, 04:38 PM   #1
chrisebennett

Default What Other Social Media Tools Do You Use For Your Business?

(Newbie)

All industries please chime in!

Everyone uses Twitter, Facebook, and Yelp when they can. But what else do you use and what tool do you find fits your type of business best? For example, photographers must love Flickr. But what else do you love? Restaurants love (maybe hate) Yelp and OpenTable, but whatelse?

Thanks!
Chris

Disclosure: I am starting Central.ly, a website that helps small businesses organize their presence on the web. We want to help you bring put your Yelp, Facebook, and Twitter page all in one place to improve sales and your brand image.

chrisebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th March 2011, 05:01 PM   #2
dan lipsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisebennett View Post
(Newbie)

Disclosure: I am starting Central.ly, a website that helps small businesses organize their presence on the web. We want to help you bring put your Yelp, Facebook, and Twitter page all in one place to improve sales and your brand image. Check it out and reserve your business name before it's gone.
Hi Chris,

I use twitter, facebook, linkedin, and myspace mostly but I'm not that great at social media marketing to tell you the truth. I'm still having problems wrapping my head around the social media craze. I think a site that can organize most aspects of social media would be awesome. I'll check it out when your done.

facebook dan lipsky

dan lipsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2011, 12:54 AM   #3
chrisebennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan lipsky View Post
Hi Chris,

I use twitter, facebook, linkedin, and myspace mostly but I'm not that great at social media marketing to tell you the truth. I'm still having problems wrapping my head around the social media craze. I think a site that can organize most aspects of social media would be awesome. I'll check it out when your done.

facebook dan lipsky
Totally feel you Dan. It can be very confusing.

What do you think has been the best tool for you?

Old 8th March 2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Hi Chris, I'm curious from your point of view are forums considered part of social media

Welcome aboard

Old 8th March 2011, 01:01 PM   #5
chrisebennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDale View Post
I am using Facebook for Social media promotion. I like Facebook due to it's popularity and PR. I have tried twitter, SU and many more. But I got maximum conversion from only Facebook.
Awesome. What would you say your favorite feature of Facebook is? The Likes? The fact that you can befriend other organizations?

I personally like the engagement factor. The fact that people can have discussions about your organization on your page.

Old 8th March 2011, 01:03 PM   #6
chrisebennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hi Chris, I'm curious from your point of view are forums considered part of social media

Welcome aboard
Thanks Logan!

Definitely. A lot of social media tools we use rely heavily on the forum structure... like Facebook and Quora for example. I would say that forums helped spawn a lot of the social media tools we use today.

Old 14th March 2011, 08:16 PM   #7
JBS Printing

Twitter at this point is my favorite, Simply because it's easy to use on my mobile. Facebook is great if you have a fanpage, but using just your profile can be tricky unless you have well defined lists made (friends, prospects, clients, etc.).

I also like ning communities as well.

JBS Printing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 09:18 AM   #8
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy

My all time favorite Social Media is YouTube, but I also get good results from smaller communities that pay for activity. They attract people interested in earning online be definition, so I get referrals from those who become frustrated when they don't make enough and need something better.

Old 15th March 2011, 09:40 AM   #9
chrisebennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS Printing View Post
Twitter at this point is my favorite, Simply because it's easy to use on my mobile. Facebook is great if you have a fanpage, but using just your profile can be tricky unless you have well defined lists made (friends, prospects, clients, etc.).

I also like ning communities as well.
Good point. I think building a facebook page is great to allow people within your network to engage around you. Twitter is great for broadcasting information.

Old 15th March 2011, 09:40 AM   #10
chrisebennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbuddy View Post
My all time favorite Social Media is YouTube, but I also get good results from smaller communities that pay for activity. They attract people interested in earning online be definition, so I get referrals from those who become frustrated when they don't make enough and need something better.
So how do people share YouTube videos virally? Are likes very helpful?