Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th October 2009, 01:03 PM   #1
ktaylor310
VIP Contributor

Default AWSTATS Plugin - Results By Referrer

Hi! I recently moved several clients to a new webhost that uses Awstats. Our old webhost used different statistics software that broke keyphrases down by referrer. With Awstats, the keyphrases are noted but not which search engine the hit came from. I wrote tech support and they said that there is a plugin that I can install that will break down results by referrer, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know? Any other plugins you would suggest?

Thanks!
Kim

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th October 2009, 02:45 PM   #2
JoshAk

Default Try Google Analytics

Google analytics is a JavaScript based analytics package rather then a log analyzer. It can give you referrer information and much more. It's also free and installation is just a matter of copy and paste.

Thanks,

Josh

JoshAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 03:17 AM   #3
rlane

I personally have used both AWSTATS and Google Analytics. If you have never used Google Analytics I recommend checking it out as it provides some really great easy to understand info. Best part it is free and very easy to implement.

rlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 09:03 AM   #4
mickeyy

A similar problem here..
I used to be able to see more data when i viewed my awstats under latest visiters. Now i only see ip addresses of the latest visiters. Example. If i was online i saw my ip address and something like ny.rr.com so you could tell i was from new York and using road runner. Does anyone know why this would stop showing or how i can reconfigure it so i see more data again. I am a beginner so sorry about the poor description of what i am trying to see again. Thanks

mickeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Candice Robins

Default Google Analytics

Google Analytics allows you to view traffic based on referrers. It also provides referrer segmentation and allows you to view browser and location-based traffic. This free service also offers various other features for web analytics and statistics.

Old 6th August 2011, 09:32 PM   #6
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

I hate to go against the tide, but I have used StatCounter for years. Excellent reporting.... and lots of other information that I don't believe Google will give you.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck! Hope this helps!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote