Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th May 2009, 04:13 AM   #1
neluni

Default Does Answers.yahoo Help To Improve SEO

I am searching for solutions to improve SEO.I recently heard that answers.yahoo help to improve SEO.Can anyone here familiar with this?Have you ever used this Answers.yahoo.Some of my friends said that once the traffic is coming to your site through various initiatives, you have a higher chance of capturing the interest of these visitors through your squeeze page.They also said that it is easy to start to develop friendships and building trust every time you post relevant content.Share your opinions?

neluni is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th May 2009, 04:53 AM   #2
benniegriffey

Well at some extent it does... I do it sometimes not on regular basis but it surely does help me

benniegriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 09:16 AM   #3
sahota

If there are active questions on Yahoo Answers which come up frequently about your business related areas, then you should participate in it regularly. Don't just look at SEO benefit. There are several other benefits of participating such as BRANDING, MARKET RESEARCH

BRANDING: More and more people will know about your products.
MARKET RESEARCH: If people are talking about products related to what you sell, you might be able to spot what everyone is looking for, what they like, what they don't like.

But don't try to SPAM Yahoo answers with links back to your website. Just drop a link where its required. Just adding link with every answer (if its not required) might result in ban.

But here is tip, if you have some informative pages on your website or blog and there are people asking questions about similar information, you can drop a link. But it should help your answer. Or you can create informative page based on what people are asking on Yahoo Answers. Then look for new un answered questions in future to contribute.

Its debatable if there is any SEO benefit for links as all links are NO FOLLOWED. But in SEO community some think that NO FOLLOWED links are also having some value. So not a bad idea. But as I said earlier better not to contribute considering just link value, there are better benefits of it than just links.

sahota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 02:11 PM   #4
homebizseo.com
VIP Contributor

You can create some traffic if you are regarded as an authority on a particular subject that corresponds with your website.

Old 12th May 2009, 12:38 AM   #5
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

It will help you to solidify your online identity and can help somewhat to promote the brand image of your organization and nothing else.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 02:13 AM   #6
janicejan

yahoo answers may help in gaining minimal traffic for our site, but it doesn't help to increase our page ranking for it has no follow tag in it, meaning its not passing any link juice, also yahoo answers can easily ban you if they noticed that you are advertising.. so you better be aware on how you use it.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 08:54 AM   #7
eww

If you are referring to traffic to your site via Yahoo Answers, then my answer is both yes and no. I think it depends greatly on your topic - for a highly competetive niche, your answers may be "flagged as spam" by your competetors - for spite (beleive it or not, it does happen and Yahoo may eventually disable your ability to respond to questions). You may initially receive an increase in traffic, but a lot of said traffic may be curiosity. I don't think much traffic from Yahoo Answers convert to sales. I have noticed, however, that while searching on various topics some of the top ranked results have been Yahoo Answers, although rather old questions/answers.

Old 5th December 2009, 02:28 PM   #8
TryUsOut

I guess Yahoo answers help if you give out a great answer and use your site as reference - hence, it may attract visitors to your site. But Yahoo Answers is a nofollow - so you get less or none direct SEO benefit from it.

TryUsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 10:31 PM   #9
AirForce1

Send a message via MSN to AirForce1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neluni View Post
I am searching for solutions to improve SEO.I recently heard that answers.yahoo help to improve SEO.Can anyone here familiar with this?Have you ever used this Answers.yahoo.Some of my friends said that once the traffic is coming to your site through various initiatives, you have a higher chance of capturing the interest of these visitors through your squeeze page.They also said that it is easy to start to develop friendships and building trust every time you post relevant content.Share your opinions?
I think Yahoo answer is pop used at the past. Now, it might still helpful in getting some direct traffics but not help a lot in your SEO efforts, IMO.

Have a nice day,

AirForce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 07:19 AM   #10
goldmember5

Yahoo Answers will definetly help bring some traffic and overall SEO will benefit. But you have to spend lot of time for posting and looking for appropriate answers!

goldmember5 is offline   Reply With Quote