Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd October 2009, 02:13 AM   #31
rebecca16

Yes, I use a lot to improve my business and it's kinda very helpfull too

rebecca16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:35 PM   #32
alex27

Send a message via Yahoo to alex27

Quote:
Originally Posted by morproh View Post
I had a customer today ask if they could follow us on twitter. That's the first time I've had that request, do people actually use it for day to day business? I always thought those sites were more for personal and invidual use?

Though Twitter is the talk of the town today, I guess its not the thing to do to promote your business and products. I'm using different strategies to promote and advertise my business and it really help a lot. Don't stick to Twitter alone, try to do some other strategies.

alex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 04:21 PM   #33
jonicode

I think Twitter could benefit a business tremendously if done right. Like for example, if you're in the restaurant business, twitting your daily specials would be a subtle yet compelling invitation, not to mention exposing your restaurant to suggestions and criticisms which are always ideal for improvement.

jonicode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 07:51 AM   #34
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

Sometimes people just underestimate twitter, taking it not seriously enough.I use it and it really helps, so why not?

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 06:09 PM   #35
meredith

Send a message via Yahoo to meredith Send a message via Skype™ to meredith
Default Not just for online businesses

I am in a service based and location dependent business, and I've found it great to make new local contacts. I've met a whole new group of potential customers / referrers in this way.

This particular group are very active in retweeting, recommending and sharing useful information and links, and being part of that circle has already paid dividends in my business.

meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 05:51 AM   #36
daniela27

Twitter is good for business. Business owners are always updating their products and website. And they can monitor their competitors as well.

daniela27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 02:00 AM   #37
faizanali0

yes i am using twitter since last 7 month, but honestly i didn't figure out that how to attract more peoples to Follow me on Twitter and also How i can get Good traffic Using twitter, Still learning it ... maybe i am not using twitter correctly , i am getting more traffic from myspace and facebook, rather then twitter . so i completely Focus on these two social media Sites

faizanali0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 06:35 AM   #38
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

simple answer no....... twitter? who actually takes it seriously? Your time can be better utilized by doing SEO work on the net, UNLESS you have a specilized market that twitter users would like to check out...

IMO...fact is twitter is a tool for basic communication....not B2B.. or B2 Client.

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 10:09 AM   #39
Feechi

Send a message via Yahoo to Feechi Send a message via Skype™ to Feechi
Red face Not all about making sales

I haven't used Twitter as a way to promote my services, or try to get new clients. I use other resources for that. My #1 reason for using Twitter has been to connect with other graphic designers who post useful information and links that help in the growth of my business. I think it's a great platform!

Feechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 06:49 PM   #40
samklein

Default Twitter

We tried to use Twitter here at my company (startup software) and never saw any value in it. We posted company updates and product update information but never amassed any kind of following. We tried the dirty tactic of reaching out to people who expressed discontent with competing products but ultimately realized it was just another form of spam.

For those of you who claim Twitter is the next big thing, how are you using it? In what way has it become such a crucial part of your marketing efforts? What am I doing wrong?

samklein is offline   Reply With Quote