Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st August 2009, 01:48 AM   #21
humairr

Ya , people from every field trying to use Twitter for their business, not IT or computing related

humairr is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st August 2009, 06:26 PM   #22
VBN411

yes. I think it's more effective when you direct your customers to your twitter page, and any other social media sites you may be a part of. You can embed the site logos on the homepage of your company's website. Most people will click on them and add you as a friend/follow you before leaving your website.

VBN411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 09:04 AM   #23
jeffaman

Send a message via Skype™ to jeffaman

Twitter is good for business. It's easy to research your competitors to see what they're up to and it's possible to make some sales. However, I find that you need to stay active each day to get the most sales. If you just update once every couple of days you won't get great results. You need to stay active. I personally don't try and use it to make sales as I don't have time to log in and update 2 to 3 times per day.

I find methods such as postcard marketing do much better for my bank account and my time!

jeffaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:16 PM   #24
abuyouts

everyone is talking about twitter because of its effectiveness in business industry, I can't say much about it, I just aggressively twit and twit and someone does listen to me.. there are lots of ways on how to capture peoples attention but the most important is creativity and style of our twits.

abuyouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 02:41 PM   #25
BWelford

I think it is important to have a network of followers that you can contact via email when you have something important to get out. If they will ReTweet your tweets, then there is a much bigger chance that the resulting buzz will last for a little while.

Other useful tools are to use hashtags to get like-minded people aware of your tweets and also use the su.pr URL shortener that can also give you useful 'eyes' in the StumbleUpon community.

Old 26th August 2009, 11:59 PM   #26
debbystewart

I have used twitter but haven't had much luck with it either. I get very few to no clicks on my tweets and the little traffic that I get does not convert.

debbystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 06:45 AM   #27
peter carri

with all the competition around, a business establishment should use up all possible way to advertise. people are relying more and more on the internet so people should start thinking of promoting in the net.

peter carri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 11:22 PM   #28
aussieroo1

Twitter is a good marketing tool especially for online business. Announcements can be made on the website especially if you have a large network of followers.

Old 26th September 2009, 09:48 AM   #29
john.2

yes i am total agree with you .Twitter is a great business site by it which we get lots of profit for our business.

john.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 09:50 PM   #30
ngseosept

Twitter for business is most effective when you have interesting content for your followers. Retweeting about an event or promotion can do loads for your business.

ngseosept is offline   Reply With Quote