Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd June 2009, 04:29 AM   #41
dinair

You can also create a page and promote it. Although pages can also create posts, get members and some other things, people prefer to join groups more than pages.

dinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd June 2009, 03:20 PM   #42
thomas09

Hi,

According to me Facebook is far better than Myspace to promote business. Even, it's quite popular than myspace.

thomas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:58 PM   #43
Samuel Craig

For busines you can't beat Linked In. You can create groups, post PR etc. it drives a surprising amount of well qualified traffic. I like the Facebook feature of text ads, but they are very low volume.

Samuel Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 04:36 AM   #44
EthanThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas09 View Post
Hi,

According to me Facebook is far better than Myspace to promote business. Even, it's quite popular than myspace.
Perhaps, but this article might give you some new insight.

http://www.breakmediagroup.com/inter...ne-to-use-why/

EthanThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 06:20 AM   #45
doramide7

Quote:
Originally Posted by veikoh View Post
LinkedIn is business network, maybe ou should check it out.
I'm personally and professionally much more in favor of Facebook. Maybe it's because I'm a thirtysomething (and I think Facebook was designed with us 80s kids in mind ...) but I found MySpace to be a little on the seedy side for my liking. Then again, I never explored its potential in depth. Didn't really want to either. Too many junk requests. Too many weirdos. And not enough control over who is looking at your profile and who isn't. Facebook is just so darned easy to maintain (i.e. actually keep up to date), control and use in general. You can get personal while still controlling who sees what and I really like that. Plus people aren't constantly hitting you up for a 'relationship! LOL.

doramide7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 10:51 AM   #46
SuperDavid

FaceBook would be a better place to promote your site. MySpace is geared for people who are inclined to making their own music. Besides, FaceBook has features and applications that have business site promotion as it's goal. They have PageModo that enables you to customize an FB page.

SuperDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 01:56 PM   #47
davidbkeegan

Do not use MySpace. The site is becoming less and less popular. Facebook is the best place to promote your business

davidbkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 02:08 AM   #48
Cathy Duncan

Well, I m not here to defame anyone but according to my own research, Facebook is more popular for all purposes than MySpace. The reason is everyday increase of traffic on facebook and its multi-functions.

Cathy Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 12:54 AM   #49
nevster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlar9 View Post
Facebook is more mature with more business minded people in attendance in my experience. My Space has almost gotten crazy with almost anything goes as the general attitude.
I too have to agree with this. Some sites just promote gossip while others really help in your business.

nevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 02:33 AM   #50
petercrouch

The main reason behind this activity is your friends network. Every thing or mail sent by you to your friends is important for your friends and they must check them that's why these social media sites are becoming more popular day by day. Face book have some edge over Myspace.

petercrouch is offline   Reply With Quote